What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome, Tuimoala Lolohea

BrotherJim05

Bench
Connor Watson would be a great pick up. Lolohea would be there putting pressure on his spot as well plus he would play with a point to prove having been pushed out by Tedesco.

Surely we have someone other than Lolohea who can kick goals

Watson would be a good pick up only for the simple reason that it creates competition for spots. I know looking at Penrith's season it doesn't always pan out but I'm sick of having untouchables at this f**king club.

Tiger05

First Grade
Watson would be a good pick up only for the simple reason that it creates competition for spots. I know looking at Penrith's season it doesn't always pan out but I'm sick of having untouchables at this f**king club.

This is exactly what I think. No more give a guy a job and wait for him to come good. It definitely isn't a guarantee of success but at least it gives us a chance.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Watson is a good player, but 600k is so excessive it's not funny. Hopefully he blossoms under IC so that money seems like a bargain in a few years but it's a huge punt to take.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fullbacks and halfbacks attract huge sums of cash these days, no matter the quality.

Tiger05

First Grade
600k is overs but we are paying Brooks 550k. Who knows how true it is as well. Moses is apparently on 700k. Hunt over 1 million.

We are apparently fine within our cap position at the moment.

So long as we don't sign players to massive overs on long term contracts we should have room ro move in the future.

Anyway - I'll wait until there is an official announcement.

Clifferd

Coach
Watson has a feel good story about him. Just a particular aura that he will eventually become a great player. Apparently he is a happy positive guy and is well liked by his peers aswell.

600k is a risk but i reckon he'll deliever

We've obviously got him because the only position he'll play at the Rorters is the utility role (Tedesco at fullback, Pearce and Keary in the halves) and every player wants a starting role.

Shredder

Juniors
Just out of interest -

Tui came here because he wasnt starting.
We MAY have signed Watson.

We have already signed more outside backs than we need (depth).

How do these guys both fit in the side?

Clifferd

Coach
Just out of interest -

It's hard but I'm thinking Cleary may play Reynolds in the 9.

LoLo is given the chance to see out the season in 6 to see what he's got playmaking wise

Only way I can see LoLo fitting in the 17 now because Watson is definitely a better fullback option

1. Watson
6. Lolohea
7. Brooks
9. Reynolds

Shredder

Juniors
Perhaps.

Ivan was tinkering with hooker recently, starting Liddle over Mc last week.

having said that and despite loving the depth in the backs and the spine, Id rather see some more depth in the forwards......

Tiger05

First Grade
Just out of interest -

I think that this is exactly what we need. We don't have to fit players into the first grade team. They need to prove that they should be playing there.

Brooks, Reynolds, Watson & Tui means one player misses out if they are all fit. I think injuries will happen and then whoever misses out has to come back via State Cup. If someone isn't performing they will be dropped. I don't see it as between Watson and Tui either. Brooks and Reynolds could both be dropped.

I can't see Reynolds playing 9. We have Liddle and McIlwrick there. In stating that if those two aren't performing then it could be an option.

We desperately need options. At the moment I don't think Cleary has many if any options.

Tiger05

First Grade
Good point on Gamble. I think our squad next year is going to be a lot better. It wouldn't be hard though.

Vozzy

Juniors
I wanna see how Lolahea goes at fullback before I make my judgement on him. I'm so glad we have options when there are injuries. No one's spots are safe. Brooks, Suli even noufaluma these 3 seem to be in everyones team next year but I think they need to pick up form. I hope they get flogged in the off season really need a fitter side as well as skill.

I can't even think how team will line up. So many combos

1.Watson 6. Reynolds 7. Brooks 9. Mckillrick

1. Lolahea 6 . Reynolds 7 . Gamble 9. Liddle

1. Lolahea 6 . Reynolds 7. Watson 9. Mckillrick

So many options for spine and outside backs.

Latest posts