What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome, Tuimoala Lolohea

Vic Mackey

Referee
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e/news-story/d7ec3b9e5f2ca6402669a6602f8aa7d4

The price of being a rubbish club with a rubbish backoffice is losing your only decent players you fought tooth and nail to keep, and then paying $750k a year for Josh Reynolds...and watching young stars turn your much bigger offer down to go to the three-time spooners for less.

Talk facts not fiction Tiger Ted.

lol you sign a bench player, 2 washed up rep players after winning what 5 games in 3 years and all of a sudden you're become an arrogant ballbag citing the DT as gospel.

FTR I'm glad the Knights got watson, I think he's a better fit for them and (most of) their fans deserve some good news.

Tiger Ted

Bench
The journal of fiction that u ignorant gump get ur info from is renowned for not reporting facts & doesn't have a shred of substance!

The fact is u moronic denialist that Cleary withdrew offers for the players u incorrectly claim we fought for coz he judiciously realised they weren't worth the crazy money they were seeking.

In contrast the soon to b 3 consecutive yrs wooden spooners r compelled to pay insane money for Neville nobody's who've thus far achieved nothing in the game.

Now piss off back to ur illusory habitat u drug-addled simpleton !!!!

Johns Magic

Referee
The journal of fiction that u ignorant gump get ur info from is renowned for not reporting facts & doesn't have a shred of substance!

The fact is u moronic denialist that Cleary withdrew offers for the players u incorrectly claim we fought for coz he judiciously realised they weren't worth the crazy money they were seeking.

In contrast the soon to b 3 consecutive yrs wooden spooners r compelled to pay insane money for Neville nobody's who've thus far achieved nothing in the game.

Now piss off back to ur illusory habitat u drug-addled simpleton !!!!

Daily Tele was just one of a few reporting those figures. Oh but of course you are the only one who has the real word.

Enjoy 2018 fella.

You can keep Reynolds and Lolohea, I will take Neville Ponga and Neville Watson instead thanks.

Johns Magic

Referee
lol you sign a bench player, 2 washed up rep players after winning what 5 games in 3 years and all of a sudden you're become an arrogant ballbag citing the DT as gospel.

FTR I'm glad the Knights got watson, I think he's a better fit for them and (most of) their fans deserve some good news.

I have nothing against the Tigers but outright but making up bullshit and perpetuating it as fact to discredit an easy punching bag is crap.

Clifferd

Coach
Daily Tele was just one of a few reporting those figures. Oh but of course you are the only one who has the real word.

Enjoy 2018 fella.

You can keep Reynolds and Lolohea, I will take Neville Ponga and Neville Watson instead thanks.

I would not be blowing my load over Ponga and Watson just yet.

Ponga has played a few 1st grade games and looked pretty shaky behind a dominant Cowboys team. If you think he'll shine at a struggling newy team based off that you've got rocks

Lolohea and Watson are similar potential type players

Another thing I really don't know why people who support other clubs keep saying Reynolds at 750k is overs. He is our highest paid contracted player and next year that's around 7% of your cap space. Meanwhile clubs like Brisbane have 3mil tied up on 3 players alone

Tiger05

First Grade
I rate Ponga and I think he will be great for Newcastle. I also think Watson could be a real good player. I reckon Newcastle are looking good for the next couple of years.

Lolohea is potentially good as well but who knows how he is going to perform. Reynolds is also a risk especially as our marquee player. I think we need better than Reynolds being your best player.

Clifferd

Coach
That's the thing though, Ponga has been paid on potential. What was it? 500k a year with about 6 games

If he turns out to be a superstar, great. They got a bargain..if not? Well

Atleast Reynolds has proven and you know what you're gonna get...FYI I thought he played very well in a losing dogs side last night

Vic Mackey

Referee
I have nothing against the Tigers but outright but making up bullshit and perpetuating it as fact to discredit an easy punching bag is crap.

Making up bullshit?

You pick out one article from over a month ago. At this stage every outlet had Watson confirmed at the Tigers. Who's to know what happened between this article and him signing with the Knights. If the initial offers really were $200kpa apart I'd be pretty shocked if the Knights wasn't substantially increased to get their man. Whatever happened well done on the signing.

The publication you have as gospel also said the cowboys had beaten the Tigers to the punch in signing Lolohea. It had Tedesco resigning with the Tigers before round 1 this year. Id be very careful quoting it as evidence in your argument.

You've come into a Tigers forum, a thread on a Tigers player, picked out a throw away line, lost your mind over it and gone on the attack over stuff that wasn't even being discussed. Seriously mate most of us in here would love to see the Knights do well next year. Take a f*#king chill pill.

Making up bullshit?

You pick out one article from over a month ago. At this stage every outlet had Watson confirmed at the Tigers. Who's to know what happened between this article and him signing with the Knights. If the initial offers really were $200kpa apart I'd be pretty shocked if the Knights wasn't substantially increased to get their man. Whatever happened well done on the signing.

The publication you have as gospel also said the cowboys had beaten the Tigers to the punch in signing Lolohea. It had Tedesco resigning with the Tigers before round 1 this year. Id be very careful quoting it as evidence in your argument.

You've come into a Tigers forum, a thread on a Tigers player, picked out a throw away line, lost your mind over it and gone on the attack over stuff that wasn't even being discussed. Seriously mate most of us in here would love to see the Knights do well next year. Take a f*#king chill pill.

If we are cherry picking from News: Limited publications then Kalyn Ponga is on $600K a year. Not that much less than Grub TBH.

Anyway not going to kick the Knights while they're down, they've done some astute recruiting and I hope Watson and Newcastle both get what they want out of the deal.