What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done Brisbane

meltiger

First Grade
On ensuring a sensational crowd for the game tomorrow. It's about time RL supporters stood up and got out to a game in massive numbers. It's a shame it doesn't happen in Sydney but I am totally impressed by what the Broncos will draw tomorrow. :)

Let's just hope 30k people don't show up half an hour before kick off ;-)

Razor

Coach
KINGLING said:
More like 5 times.

How small do you think Brisbane is? 800k in Brisbane itself, and a total of 1.75mil in Brisbane and surrounds. 1.9mil in Sydney itself, and a total of 4.2mil in Sydney and surrounds.

meltiger

First Grade
innsaneink said:
9 teams in Sydney :roll:

I think Melbourne can prove that statement is totally silly. Sydney has the same amount of teams as Melbourne and a much higher population.

Brisbane have proven this weekend that when RL people want to get out to a game they can.

The crowd on Friday night featuring teams 2 V 4 is a disgrace, compared to the ticket sales of 1 V 3.

Anonymous

Juniors
Thanks.

Also thanks to the Dogs who'll definatly be a worthy opponent and I hope to see the best match I have ever seen at Suncorp.

tommytomlin

Bench
Footy Show just said that ALL the tickets have been sold - no walk ups.

That means about 50,000 doesn't it?

pcpp

Juniors
There weren't 3000 empty seats there.

Maybe they measured it when there were 2 minutes left.

DIEHARD

----
Yea there was barely any seats left. It was a monster crowd. Too bad about the result we just couldn't compete. The Bulldogs field a strong side all over the park, the Broncos field one with gaping holes.

I'm glad the Bulldog fans didn't burn down our new stadium though. ;-)

Very dissapointing. But better to be nailed like this before the finals. Let's hope the Broncos learn a few lessons.

Great crowd. Half a great game :(

Jonotallica

Juniors
I don't support either team, but I was there today and did my part.

I was very impressed by the massive numbers of doggie supporters actually. Sydney doggie supporters might have a bad rep, but the brissy doggie supporters were great today.

Congrats Dogs on a good game and good turnout.

Pigskin

Juniors
the mecca of RL was pumping today

wrong result, but yes we tried hard and were outplayed in all aspects

Oink !

greeneyed

First Grade
innsaneink said:
9 teams in Sydney :roll:

I despaired of ever seeing Insane say anything that is remotely sensible. But he now HAS!

Finally, he has realised that there are too many teams in Sydney!

Well done Insane.