What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WELL DONE CHANNEL 9 - NRL AND CLUBS

ozzie

Bench
Watching the footy show last night I was taken by the story of the lady with the incurrable cancer. What really got me was the way the clubs produced signed jerseys for her and the way The NRL and especially the Bulldogs came to the party with corporate seating for her at tonights game...well done to all concerned and it was also a big thing for Lockyer to send his boots down..

I hope she has a great time and that her remaining time on this earth is spent in no pain...

Congratulations all.

All clubs should be proud of their efforts

mickdo

Coach
We all know that rugby league players do a lot for the community every week, but unfortunately we only see these kinds of good news stories getting air time every so often. I think the footy show should do a regular segment about the community work the players do, to try and offset all the negative press generated by a handful of players.

sydraider

First Grade
I think the footy show should do a regular segment about the community work the players do, to try and offset all the negative press generated by a handful of players.

Great idea and should be taken on board by the footy show

DIEHARD

----
Wow I had no idea about this at all. I'm happy the clubs are doing everything they can to help her.

Shifty

Juniors
Well done to the Chief for another great story. Chief has done a number of these stories and it's great to see publicity being given to the great work that players from every club do for the community.

It was great seeing how much meeting the Roosters players meant to her, the more fans like her the better. Good luck to her in the goal of collecting a signed jersey from every team in the competition.

Stagger eel

Staff member
It was an extremely moving and totally inspiring story!!!

I was completely freaked out by her attitude to life, she is a deadset Goddess in my eyes!!

congratulations to all concerned!

And if the Roosters were to go on win the premiership this year?? I hope to God Nerida is there to see it!!

There would be ten times the amount of good news stories coming out of league than bad...but good news don't sell papers or get TV ratings sadly. Watch the news or read a newspaper...front page or headline story is always involving violence, sex or a mixture of both...society has a fascination with it...throw in mild celebrity into the mix and it is all the greater

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah i felt for the lady. Especially when she mentioned to the Roosters that she organised a blue, red and white coffin. :(

Iafeta

Referee
It was extremely good. My Uncle was a bit of a league tragic on NZ's West Coast and helped sponsor a couple of clubs through his pub; last year he got cancer, and died earlier this year just short of retirement. I contacted a club for even a signed poster or even a card or something to lift his spirits, I wouldn't exactly say they went of their way for him which was disappointing to say the least. I thought last night to myself, what was the difference in situation?

But Channel 9, the Chooks, and clubs involved, congratulations, well done.

Wonder if Hadley will give the show a wrap for this heart wrenching story.

I think not, probaly just bag Sterlo for his continued support for Smithy.

Surandy

Bench
Shifty said:
Well done to the Chief for another great story. Chief has done a number of these stories and it's great to see publicity being given to the great work that players from every club do for the community.

It was great seeing how much meeting the Roosters players meant to her, the more fans like her the better. Good luck to her in the goal of collecting a signed jersey from every team in the competition.

Shifty, you must have missed some of the show. When she came on the Footy Show set they actually presented her with signed jerseys from every NRL club. She also got free tickets to the Roosters vs Bulldogs game and to a Storm game, not sure whether it was for the match in Melbourne against the Tigers or next weeks match against the Rabbitohs.

A very great story.

Grantwhy

Juniors
Anyone else hear them say that it was Tony Dirkin (Media Manager-Broncos) who got in contact with The Footy Show after the lady spoke to the Broncos?

Latest posts