What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done guys

philstorm

Juniors
Well done guys on a truly fine performance. It was a bit of a topsy turvy match for the first sixty minutes, but the Warriors really came home strongly in the last twenty. Special mention must go to Brent Webb and Rovelli (despite his penalty kicks to the sideline :p), both of whom I felt had fine games.

The Michael Moore Trophy is definitely resulting in a fine rivalry being created between the two clubs and I hope that it continues for many years to come. Again, well done, and I look forward to a re-match in 07. ;-)

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Top stuff there, philstorm. I love Warriors vs Storm encounters. They really are modern day thrillers.

It's very unfortunate about the officiating tonight, the match really was a pressure cooker.

All the best for the finals and try not to miss the OWN3RSHIP TRAIN too much.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
philstorm said:
The Michael Moore Trophy is definitely resulting in a fine rivalry being created between the two clubs ;-)

So true. Another memorable clash to add to the list. Good luck to the Storm for the finals.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Hey, Ravs had a very good game thank you very much! Haha, he's getting better all the time and he certainly is maturing as a 1st grader too.
But great game from both the Warriors and Storm. An absolute thriller to watch. Being at the ground was great! On my left I had mad Warriors supporters and on my right was the Storm supporters. Awesome!

carlnz

Bench
Good on the Warriors last night hell of a match from them. I have a warm fuzzy feeling deep down the next couple of seasons are going to be good ones after watching these young kids step up to the plate last night.

Micistm

Bench
Hi guys, just found this site and joined up!

Well done warriors! Even if the chances of making the playoffs are slim in the extreme now, awesome win and giving us a great end to the season, and lots of potential for the next couple of seasons. Even Matthew Ridge would have to admit they did well there in his Sunday Times comments:x To do what other teams couldn't do and break that winning streak, beat them at home...
Well done guys.

-But don't stop now!!!!!! Have to win those last ones!!!!:crazy:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
Awesum game. Cant get over how much Lauaki impressed, But thing for me is

MANU AND KICKOFFS

Stick him in the middle of the field on the 20 metre line and he can't stuff it up.

sinbad

Juniors
Yaaaa hhhh oooooo, way to go guys. Contrary to what the NRL wanted, the Warriors won!!

How bad was that call on Webbys try of the year !!!

Benefit of the doubt only runs 1 way ....West across the Tasman. Not East !

Good to see the boys really stick it to them. A whole team performance !!

Even Lance played well.....(god that hurt to type !)

Roll on next year I can't wait.

MKEB...

Staff member
Out of interest , is it too much to expect St George and Paramatta to lose both their last games and us to Win both of them?

I love the crack downs on forward passes this week. What ill it be next week? Playing the ball directly facing the opposition goal posts. I can See the refs standing out there with sextons, compasses and set squares.

We played well in parts last night. From where I was sitting the warrioirs seemed to offer more in attack and wanted to win. But suddenly the heat of things out there transpired to make them want to give the storm a fighting chance.
Oh yeah was it heartwarming or what when the storm coulnt hold the ball both of their last two sets. That was when I kniw that we conquered ourselves and wanted the win more.

Martli

Coach
mad kiwi elloco bandido said:
Out of interest , is it too much to expect St George and Paramatta to lose both their last games and us to Win both of them?

Doubt it, St. George are up against the tigers and Parramatta are up against the roosters. I think they'll both win.

Iafeta

Referee
carlnz said:
Good on the Warriors last night hell of a match from them. I have a warm fuzzy feeling deep down the next couple of seasons are going to be good ones after watching these young kids step up to the plate last night.

Yes, agree.

Mannering's development is going outstanding. Rovelli is such a good organiser. Hame, Rapira and Tuimavave are playing the house down at the moment. I was really impressed by Hame, really impressed. Aside from that dumb penalty, he was causing havoc everywhere last night. Huge hits, one on one hits, great offloads, busted tackles... hmmm, very nice.

Agree on Manu, use him as a prop off quick offs.

MKEB...

Staff member
What about the Tuimavave hit last night. Stopped somebody dead in their tracks and flung him to the ground. I dont know who it was. The commentators were going to show it again but stopped just before it happened.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
mad kiwi elloco bandido said:
I love the crack downs on forward passes this week. What ill it be next week? Playing the ball directly facing the opposition goal posts. I can See the refs standing out there with sextons, compasses and set squares.

Its a great laugh.

"Rule of the Week" - Round 24 - The Forward Pass

sheet_ed

Juniors
Congrats Warriors - I think the team is going to rock in 2007 - I think if you play like that next year you are going to be a top 8 team.

I think you have finally got a coach that is worthy of the talent on the park.

Hope all goes well fo the rest of the season.
:D

Iafeta

Referee
Yep, noted, he's a great coach in my book too. Just seems a calm guy who thinks things through. Pricey said it as much earlier in the season that the young guys tend to respond better to that sort of coaching rather than bash 'em up type coaching.

MKEB...

Staff member
Iafeta said:
As well as Kaufusi on Mannering. I thought he'd killed him!

And mannering Got straight up and looked mad, I swear he looked like he was going to rip Kaufusi's head off and sh1t down his throat. Good to see Mannering look mad.