What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, that'll do me...

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Like many I'm sure, the pathetic performance at the Manly game and the subsequent "we just didn't turn up" from Widdop was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I wrote to the Club and actually received a response. I didn't think I would - I felt better for having sent it because I had vented tot the people I thought might actually be interested enough to act.

Here is my email;

I believe I am entitled to a refund on my 2016 Red V Membership under Australian Consumer Law.

To quote the ACCC:

“You can ask for a replacement or refund if the problem with the product is major

What is a Major Problem?
A product or good has a major problem when:
it has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it
it is unsafe
it is significantly different from the sample or description
it doesn’t do what the business said it would, or what you asked for and can’t easily be fixed.
A service has a major problem when:

it has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it
it is substantially unfit for its common purpose and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time
it does not meet the specific purpose you asked for and cannot easily be fixed within a reasonable time
it creates an unsafe situation."

I’m confident you will agree last night’s performance indeed falls into the category of “a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it they’d known about it” , as well as “substantially unfit for its common purpose”.

Gareth Widdop is on record in the post game Press Conference saying they “didn't turn up".

You have my details. You swiftly take my money each month. Please use the same account to deposit my refund.

Really impressed with your email which takes a totally different tack to what most supporters churn out. It obviously forced the club to respond.

I was not disappointed by the club's response either. It was considered and rational. You may not agree with their response, but at least it show's not everyone in the club is a lunatic or oblivious to their obligations.

Zucchini

Juniors
Really impressed with your email which takes a totally different tack to what most supporters churn out. It obviously forced the club to respond.

I was not disappointed by the club's response either. It was considered and rational. You may not agree with their response, but at least it show's not everyone in the club is a lunatic or oblivious to their obligations.

Yep, I agree Johnno. I didn't expect a response at all, let alone one that addressed most of the issues and was clearly written by someone who has a bit of a brain in their head. The very fact they acknowledged no one was pleased with the performance also gave me some hope. Or perhaps, they've just given up also.

grouch

First Grade
Like many I'm sure, the pathetic performance at the Manly game and the subsequent "we just didn't turn up" from Widdop was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I wrote to the Club and actually received a response. I didn't think I would - I felt better for having sent it because I had vented tot the people I thought might actually be interested enough to act.

Here is my email;

I believe I am entitled to a refund on my 2016 Red V Membership under Australian Consumer Law.

To quote the ACCC:

“You can ask for a replacement or refund if the problem with the product is major

What is a Major Problem?
A product or good has a major problem when:
it is unsafe
it is significantly different from the sample or description
it doesn’t do what the business said it would, or what you asked for and can’t easily be fixed.
A service has a major problem when:

it is substantially unfit for its common purpose and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time
it does not meet the specific purpose you asked for and cannot easily be fixed within a reasonable time
it creates an unsafe situation."

I’m confident you will agree last night’s performance indeed falls into the category of “a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it they’d known about it” , as well as “substantially unfit for its common purpose”.

Gareth Widdop is on record in the post game Press Conference saying they “didn't turn up".

You have my details. You swiftly take my money each month. Please use the same account to deposit my refund.
Zucchini is now my favourite vegetable for TWO reasons

This is absolutely outstanding

SaintHarry

Juniors
Seriously f@#k off Mary you D#@k hole never in my life have i heard so many excuses come from the one person who is loading him up with all this crap? Doustie you in there ?

Latest posts