What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well this is novel

Clifferd

Coach
Woods is our best prop and we can't afford to let him go. The problem is he just can't do it all on his own. He also plays very long minutes for a prop

We have the 4th most running metres in the comp, which indicates our go forward is actually quite good. It's our backs that aren't converting this good field position into points

Das Hassler

Bench
Take this as a fact....regardless of Foran"s overall fitness to honour a contractual commitment he will not be signing with anyone for less than elite player money...he's not yet Carney or Sandow

Tiger Woody

Juniors
:) Yeah I noticed -

Woods is one of the best props in the game - I dont want to pay him a million, but he doesnt want to leave either, all that postcode crap.

I reckon he is just playing the managers game and will stay put.

He wont leave....
its all about 2040 and "just playing good footy"
"watching tv and having a feed with the missus and dog in downtown Leichhardt"..lol

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Foran isn't contracted anywhere next year.

Give him and Teddy 900k
Woods 750k
Moses 250k
Brooks 250k
Theres half the cap spent. 4.2 mil for the remaining 20 players (which is 210k average for each of them)

Teddy 1 mill for mine..
Woods 700..
Nofa as well...not sure how much though?

The other 2 mini minors 300 max...

Tiger Woody

Juniors
If we keep shopping at Aldi we will keep getting crap results.

Our middle has improved slightly this year, but I think it only looks that way because teams are targeting our edges because its easier.

As Ive said many times, we are not 1 or 2 players away.

To become genuine premier contenders, we need to sweep this entire roster and from the other posts on here, I think that is the consensus.

Where we are reminds me of the last few years of the Magpies. We have a couple of decent players and garbage. I remember Trevor Cogger trying his heard out every week for nothing.

The Aldi purchases=Rankin,Edwards...
We need to get to David Jones or Myer for our next shopping list.
Spend peanuts you get monkeys.
For the big brooms Bunnings have a nice selection.
Cogs was good wasnt he........Gee those last few years before the joint venture were suicide type years for us Wests supporters.....
Compares a bit to this year actually.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I love Aldi.

I don't think we need massive changes but I do think we need to buy some quality players in key positions. We can't though overpay our juniors that come through and we can't overpay in positions that we are already strong in.

Fix the issues that we have. Purchase the right players.

Aldi reminds me of queuing up at Leichhardt Oval for a piss.

simmo05

Bench
The Aldi purchases=Rankin,Edwards...
We need to get to David Jones or Myer for our next shopping list.
Spend peanuts you get monkeys.
For the big brooms Bunnings have a nice selection.
Cogs was good wasnt he........Gee those last few years before the joint venture were suicide type years for us Wests supporters.....
Compares a bit to this year actually.

Ha i grew up in campbelltown and i remember going to those games, horrendous. Wasnt their avarage score against in the reigon of 50+? I was a balmain supporter so it didnt bother me, but geez my wests mates did it tough!

This is also novel:

open-brown-book.jpg

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Ha i grew up in campbelltown and i remember going to those games, horrendous. Wasnt their avarage score against in the reigon of 50+? I was a balmain supporter so it didnt bother me, but geez my wests mates did it tough!
Your mates did it tough and I did it tough.
Although i have always lived around the Burwood area,and went to heaps of games at Lidcombe..
Now there was a forward pack...wests late 70's.....
And we had a 7 who wouldnt take crap from anyone....

Hawkins

Juniors
......& teach these soft merkins to defend like there lives depended on it !!

Ah the Bellamy way.

Down in Melbourne he puts his cleats through the nut sack of the worst performer every week.

Why do you think slater was 'injured' so long.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Foran isn't contracted anywhere next year.

Give him and Teddy 900k
Woods 750k
Moses 250k
Brooks 250k
Theres half the cap spent. 4.2 mil for the remaining 20 players (which is 210k average for each of them)

OR (not including TPAs which could add 20% to the salaries if done right)

Cronk 1 million
Teddy 900k
Woods 750k
Brooks 350k

3 million is just over 1/3 of our cap for halves, fullback and the man who carries our pack on his shoulders

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon we can skip Cronk mainly because I'd rather fix our problems on the edges. Interestingly we apparently made a play for Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and are thinking of making a play for Dean Whare.