What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well well well...

Johns Magic

Referee
HERE'S an indictment of how bad Cronulla players thought they went against Souths on Monday night: Rookie fullback Albert Kelly - who fluffed four bombs in what most commentators described as a nightmare run-on debut - won the players' player award.We don't want to denigrate Kelly - he's clearly a young man of great footballing potential and Sharks coach Ricky Stuart is on the money when he says the 18-year-old could be a superstar in 2012.

But given Kelly's ordeal in the unfamiliar No. 1 jersey, it came as a huge surprise to learn he was voted best of a badly beaten bunch despite proving some much-needed spark in attack.

How about one of the team's tireless props in either Luke Douglas or Kade Snowden? If both were playing elsewhere they'd already be in State of Origin calculations.

We know for a fact the Newcastle Knights are already counting the days until Snowden's contract expires next year to lure the Hunter boy back home.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...est-of-bad-bunch/story-e6frexnr-1225847683538

Suddenly front-loading looks that bit more tempting.

Jono078

Referee
Woohoo. Snowden has really gone on with somewhat reaching his potential at the Sharks.

If we get him back and he continues to improve we'll get him at his peak most likely.

Yosh

Coach
Nice nice its all coming together. Excellent: Yosh puts his hands together and does the finger thing Mr Burns style.

So... So far our team for 2011 looks like:

1. Kidley
2. Uate
3. Sau
5. Vuna

6. Mullen
7. JT

8. Snowden
9. De Gois
11. Patto
12. Taia
13. Tuafua/House

So far so good!

keeney

First Grade
God Yosh. Just stop going off half cocked.

I have to say though, I never expected we'd get Kade back. Like most of you I was disappointed with losing he and he alone out of our cast offs, but I never expected him to develop quite as well as he has so soon. I also thought he'd develop a loyalty for Cronulla, as it was the club he's gotten a chance at.

He's one of the best young props going around at the moment. And should develop further over the next few years. Exactly the type of signing I want to be hearing about. A promising player, with his best football ahead in a position we need as a club.

Frederick

Staff member
Nice nice its all coming together. Excellent: Yosh puts his hands together and does the finger thing Mr Burns style.

So... So far our team for 2011 looks like:

1. Kidley
2. Uate
3. Sau
4. Inu
5. Vuna

6. Mullen
7. JT

8. Snowden
9. De Gois
10. MoiMoi
11. Patto
12. Taia
13. Mateo

14. Hilder
15. Tolar
16. Fa'aoso
17. Taufua

So far so good!
:)!

Johns Magic

Referee
1. Mata'utia
2. Uate
3. Gidley
4. Sau
5. Vuna
6. Mullen
7. Thurston
8. Snowden
9. De Gois
10. Cross
11. Paterson
12. Taia
13. Hilder

14. Fa'aoso
15. Taufua
16. whoever
17. whoever

That team looks pretty good to me with only two signings. Probably still unrealistic but this is a forum.

Rolla

Juniors
1. Mata'utia
2. Uate
3. Gidley
4. Sau
5. Vuna
6. Mullen
7. Thurston
8. Moi Moi
9. De Gois
10. Cross
11. Paterson
12. Taia
13. Mateo

14. Fa'aoso
15. Hilder
16. Snowden
17. Taufua

18. Tui

Why not go all out, sign everyone we are interested in......Then we can sign Jarrod Hayne, Greg inglis and SBW mid season.

Frederick

Staff member
Balls, I forgot about Tui. Well replace Tolar with Tuimavave in my team and I'm happy :)

roopy

Referee
He's out of form now, but Tupou loves Newcastle.
Ever since he left he has been coming back to watch his brothers play and spend time with his family - and his family is one of those really close Islander families.
Watching Knights junior games the last several years there would only be one firstgrader in the crowd, Tupou, and he was king of the kids - especially the Islander kids, so he knows more about our younger guys than most of our firstgraders.
I think we could get a guy who was recently playing for Australia pretty cheap, and put him under a decent coach and he will come good.

He's out of form now, but Tupou loves Newcastle.
Ever since he left he has been coming back to watch his brothers play and spend time with his family - and his family is one of those really close Islander families.
Watching Knights junior games the last several years there would only be one firstgrader in the crowd, Tupou, and he was king of the kids - especially the Islander kids, so he knows more about our younger guys than most of our firstgraders.
I think we could get a guy who was recently playing for Australia pretty cheap, and put him under a decent coach and he will come good.

No no no no!!!!

Johns Magic

Referee
Goes alright is probably the best way to describe it. I think he's handy but yet to see evidence that he could be part of a formidable front-row.

Latest posts