What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

dimitri

First Grade
I hope this gets up and running. As an ex-resident of WA I know there's a strong league community there who'll get behind this big time, which will only drag other parochial locals in as well, keen to show "the Eastern States" how it's done.

me too

Rodent

Bench
Can you imagine 7.30pm kick offs in WA if they decide not to continue with daylight saving?

10.30pm kick offs for us lot.

Our wives will divorce us. Either that or there'll be a load of pissed New South Welshmen asleep on sofas.

:roll:

Since when have we had daylight savings in winter?

flamin

Juniors
i hope so! strategically, wa reds and southern nz are the most important 'expansion' areas, but i only expect one of these to get in next time, but they will be both in one day soon!
Heck yes.

Reds and Bears for 2013.

NZ and 4th Qld (if no ones relocated) before 2020.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Whilst I prefer CC and the Reds i think the NRL will be influenced by TV as usual and go for Reds and another QLD team which suits there coverage of one game from NSW and QLD on Friday nights.

Can you imagine 7.30pm kick offs in WA if they decide not to continue with daylight saving?

10.30pm kick offs for us lot.

That would affect what, 3 or 4 rounds?

That brings us two live games on a Friday when a game is in Perth. Sydney/Brisbane game live, WA game live. Then, I guess, WA get the first game delayed after their live game.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
The updgraded Members Equity is a sticking point for the Reds IMO. The worst thing that could happen is the Reds going the way of the Farce. One should not ignore the predicament they are in, which cannot be entirely blamed on the brand of rugby being played.

LESStar58

Referee
I want the Reds but can't see WA getting considered while David Gallop is CEO. He's all about "securing the heartland".

LESStar58

Referee
Just on dimitri's post to start the thread...

What surprises me is that there are now THREE fair dinkum bids (Perth, Central Coast and Central Queensland) all knocking down the NRL's door to be included for expansion. It gives me a sense of joy to know that the greatest game of all has the potential to be as big as we want it to be.

LESStar58

Referee
By the way... is there a link to the Central QLD bid website? Thought I saw one in RLW but turns up nothing on Google when I search.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
That's right we can be given strong LEADERSHIP.

RL had similar stories about it's demise in 1983, the Humphrey's era was ended by the ABC's "Big League" story, the game averaged 6996 per game and Parra and Manly were headed to a predictable GF showdown.

By 1994 with strong leadership and direction we were number one code in Australia, so much so Packer and Murdoch needed us to drive their pay TV push.

so we should be putting pressure on Gallop to come out with a definitive plan/timetable where he wants our game to be in the next 5-10 years. You never hear him say I want to take RL to the number one code in Australia. What plans does he have for NZ and the Pacific.

All it is rhetoric and round about comments which we heard last time the TV deal was closing in.

Come on Gallop give us some leadership or f**k off!!!!!!!

babyg

Juniors
Central Coast won't add much to the NRL apart from some good will in NSW. Qld2 and WA have the potential to add to the TV rights which puts them both in front. The Bears best bet is for a Sydney club to relocate to Qld or WA freeing up space for the CC. That's the most feasable thing to do if CC wants the Bears and not a relocation. I still believe the Qld public would accept the Sharks moving up here.

Didgi

Central Coast won't add much to the NRL apart from some good will in NSW. Qld2 and WA have the potential to add to the TV rights which puts them both in front. The Bears best bet is for a Sydney club to relocate to Qld or WA freeing up space for the CC. That's the most feasable thing to do if CC wants the Bears and not a relocation. I still believe the Qld public would accept the Sharks moving up here.

:shock: To put it nicely:
Your medication is not working. Perhaps you meant to type something else? Edit it, quickly.

Latest posts