What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Indies v England, 4th Test - Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

IanG

Coach
For discussion on the 4th Test Between West Indies v England

Surprised there hasnt been a thread already.

England won the toss and batted first

England 6 dec for 600
Strauss 142
Bopara 104
Collingwood 96
Cook 94
Ambrose 76

Best of the Windies bowling was Fidel Edwards who was the only bowler to take more than 1 wicket 3 for 151 off 30 overs

Must be a road there in Barbados

Windies in reply 1 for 85
Smith 37 no
Sarwan 40 no
Gayle 6 was given out on referal

eddiesmith

Juniors
Was just getting ready to enjoy a session of channel changing between the 2 games and find Fox arent covering it untill after lunch today as they have to show the 2 most boring games in the world, Union and Soccer

Is a very flat track, England desperately need a win though, should have picked Patto instead of Harmison or Anderson

IanG

Coach
Yeah Fox Sports are as full as a boot hence why tonight's Charity Shield game was on Fuel TV

eddiesmith

Juniors
And the NBL finals was relegated to replay only which was a bit of a joke as they found somewhere for the NRL practice match between 2 crap clubs

But in this digital age there should be no problems showing all the Sports, or moving something to Main Event. But they use viewers choice between sports of the same code, why not for different sports as well?

But every week the Super 14's is on, plenty of sports miss out on a Saturday night and when they finish there are normally tests on every week and they show em all despite how little interest there might be, maybe they should find them another channel?

IanG

Coach
So what was Main Event showing? Promos for Boxing, Wrestling and the Gay Mardi Gras?

eddiesmith

Juniors
Probably

But Main Event seems to only ever be used for NSW and QLD viewers to watch the footy, never seen anything thats on Main Event down here

So with the Aussies match going off for the light surely the sensible decision would go to the West Indies instead of crappy old replays, but I doubt that ever happens at Fox

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Sarwan is in the form of his life and finall producing on the massive talent he has

So far this series, from 4 innings has 3 100s and a 94, is 140no at the moment as the WI reached 325/4. Chanderpaul chipped in with 70

The West Indies are getting absolutely SCREWED by the third umpire. I have NEVER seen two hideous, atrocious decisions in my life. And this by a guy who has time to look at the replays. The commentators (TV and Cricinfo) are in shock by the decisions made by the third umpire. Two obvious not outs given out.

Looks like two West Indies officials will going to have a chat with Daryl Harper.

Here's the two decisions as told by the Cricinfo commentators:

Anderson to Chanderpaul, OUT, Anderson's got him! The inswinger darts back into Chanderpaul who shoulders arms, and up goes the finger. As you'd expect, it's been referred by Chanderpaul and the problem now is height. Now, the third umpire doesn't have the benefit of predictive hawkeye so they can't tell whether it would've gone over the stumps, but they don't even need hawkeye. It is that obvious. Up goes the finger for a second time. Well, for all England's celebrations, that decision really does sum up the sham of a system that this referral experiment is

"Swann to Nash, OUT, that's close - he's rapped him on the pads and up goes the appeal. Oh lord. Here we go again - Strauss has called for a referral. Now the umpire turned that down. So, can Daryl Harper be 100% certain the ball is going to hit the stumps? Perhaps a little high, so it won't be a surprise if it's given not-out. I don't know why it's taking so long - it seems perfectly straightforward: there is enough doubt to vindicate the original not-out decision. We're coming up to two minutes of wasted time, and - well, I am flabbergasted. He has been given out. Again, it was fairly clear the ball was going over the top yet Harper has told the onfield umpire to change his decision. I'm afraid I'm speechless"

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/wiveng2009/engine/current/match/352663.html

And to top it off, 4 wickets out of 5 in this inning have been referred to the third umpire ...

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Sarwan what a champion!

After a shocking start to his Test Career he is really coming good now and showing the world the talented bastmen he is. At 28, he is entering the peak of his career and i hope he can develop some consistency in the next 3-4 years and increase his average.

IanG

Coach
Stumps Day 4
England 6 dec for 600 and 0 for 6
West Indies 9 dec for 749
Sarwan 291
Ramdin 166
Swan 5 for 165(50.4 Overs)

Just like the test in Karachi. It's a road in Bridgetown