What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Westworld

elyod138

Bench
One thing i didnt get was Bernard going downstairs to the facility room that was completely ransacked. Not sure what that was all about.
They couldn't access the data they needed to find the theatre from the host who had the transmitter in his arm because he bashed his head in. He was a very old host though with remnants of the old system, which stored some data, but it could only be accessed on the old computers. There was a nice reference to the film in this scene too, we saw the original man in black down there - LINK

I think the place looked ransacked because they're actually leaking money, and it's not a priority for them to use their resources there to clean it up, just like how the cooling system in the cold storage has been down for weeks and they haven't fixed it. I think it's probably a reference to the disaster which happened 30+ years ago (which could actually be inspired by the events in the 1973 film), they possibly abandoned it and haven't cleaned it up since then.

Last edited:

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Benard a host? Interesting twist. I was actually thinking Ford is somehow a host. That would be the icing on the cake. And maybe Ford doesnt even know hes a host.

I think if Bernard was a host, then the director chick he was banging would surely know given he'd be firing blanks.

One thing i didnt get was Bernard going downstairs to the facility room that was completely ransacked. Not sure what that was all about.
Huh? Unless she was taking samples and testing them, how exactly would she know this?

Aragorn

First Grade
Huh? Unless she was taking samples and testing them, how exactly would she know this?

Fair point.

This is a limitation with the reality of Westworld. Given hosts also bleed how is someone suppose to distinguish them from a guest??? The answer is to not think too hard about these details although i think Ford is more likely a host than Bernard. That would be a twister. The thought of Arnold being a live is just way too predictable.

Aragorn

First Grade
They couldn't access the data they needed to find the theatre from the host who had the transmitter in his arm because he bashed his head in. He was a very old host though with remnants of the old system, which stored some data, but it could only be accessed on the old computers. There was a nice reference to the film in this scene too, we saw the original man in black down there - LINK

I think the place looked ransacked because they're actually leaking money, and it's not a priority for them to use their resources there to clean it up, just like how the cooling system in the cold storage has been down for weeks and they haven't fixed it. I think it's probably a reference to the disaster which happened 30+ years ago (which could actually be inspired by the events in the 1973 film), they possibly abandoned it and haven't cleaned it up since then.

Still dont get it. It looked like someone ransacked the place looking for something or there was a fight of some sort. It didnt look like an old abandoned office to me. They could have just filled the place with cobwebs and dust if that was the effect they wanted to give.

elyod138

Bench
Still dont get it. It looked like someone ransacked the place looking for something or there was a fight of some sort. It didnt look like an old abandoned office to me. They could have just filled the place with cobwebs and dust if that was the effect they wanted to give.
Have you seen the movie? They're alluding to the movie, they even showed the bad guy from the movie in that scene and played some music from the movie's soundtrack. Spoiler: bad shit happens in the movie which could result in offices being destroyed. What we see is most likely the result of the incident they keep referring to.

Last edited:

Aragorn

First Grade
Have you seen the movie? They're alluding to the movie, they even showed the bad guy from the movie in that scene and played some music from the movie's soundtrack. Spoiler: bad shit happens in the movie which could result in offices being destroyed. What we see is most likely the result of the incident they keep referring to.

Ah, ok thanks. No havent seen the movie.

elyod138

Bench
Oh shit. Great episode. Things just got a whole lot more sinister.

Even though I suspected Bernard was a host for a couple of weeks, I was still taken aback, they executed it so well. 'What door?'

The writing in this show is brilliant. There's subtle foreshadowing of Bernard being a host in every episode, I'm sure there are clues for other things that we don't know yet too.

What if the host getting made in that basement is the new Theresa under Ford's control?

Last edited:

t-ba

Post Whore
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what's happening in your last point.

God damn this shit is good.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I'm now deciding if I just want to wait till the season is finished before taking on the rest. It would be better with a binge.

Timbo

Staff member
I'm now deciding if I just want to wait till the season is finished before taking on the rest. It would be better with a binge.

I didn't get into Game of Thrones till after season five, and was able to binge 50 hours of thrones over a month or so.

I actually think it made it more enjoyable. I kind of wish I'd gotten into Westworld in a similar way.

bileduct

Coach
Yeah binge watching shows is my preferred option now. I found it really hard to get into season 2 of Mr Robot and decided to wait until it was all done. Been doing that with every show since, except for my hardcore favourites.

Stewbum

Juniors
Yeah binge watching shows is my preferred option now. I found it really hard to get into season 2 of Mr Robot and decided to wait until it was all done. Been doing that with every show since, except for my hardcore favourites.
Look, I can't deny I like doing so, but can't help but feel it's a lost skill picking up the plot a week later. I worry it's like losing the ability to read a book so will never leave watching shows as they are released if they're quality.

Generalzod

Immortal
It’s no secret that Westworld is laced with allusions to historical works of art. We've seen characters cite both Shakespeare and the bible more than once, the opening credits mirror Da Vinci’s Vitruvian Man, and Dolores bares an uncanny resemblance to Alice from Alice in Wonderland — a story from which Bernard later asks her to recite a telling passage. But the series also has deep roots in ancient folklore, and a handful of fans more savvy than I have connected several convincing Westworld theories to Greek mythology.

Between the Old West setting of Westworld itself and the much more modern, very futuristic atmosphere of the corporation that runs it, the series feels temporally all over the place. When we see Ford, Bernard, and the rest of the company operating the park, they seem to be in a not-too-distant future. Yet when we follow the adventures of Dolores, William, the Man in Black and everyone else in the park, it's like we are being transported back to the Old West. But to unlock the mysteries of Westworld, we may need to look to a time that predates both of these atmospheres by centuries. Here are some of the most compelling connections between key aspects of the futuristic HBO series and ancient Greek mythology.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/192...ology-which-may-reveal-the-center-of-the-maze

Aragorn

First Grade
It’s no secret that Westworld is laced with allusions to historical works of art. We've seen characters cite both Shakespeare and the bible more than once, the opening credits mirror Da Vinci’s Vitruvian Man, and Dolores bares an uncanny resemblance to Alice from Alice in Wonderland — a story from which Bernard later asks her to recite a telling passage. But the series also has deep roots in ancient folklore, and a handful of fans more savvy than I have connected several convincing Westworld theories to Greek mythology.

Between the Old West setting of Westworld itself and the much more modern, very futuristic atmosphere of the corporation that runs it, the series feels temporally all over the place. When we see Ford, Bernard, and the rest of the company operating the park, they seem to be in a not-too-distant future. Yet when we follow the adventures of Dolores, William, the Man in Black and everyone else in the park, it's like we are being transported back to the Old West. But to unlock the mysteries of Westworld, we may need to look to a time that predates both of these atmospheres by centuries. Here are some of the most compelling connections between key aspects of the futuristic HBO series and ancient Greek mythology.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/192...ology-which-may-reveal-the-center-of-the-maze

What does that mean in plain English? that the story is being told in two different time zones/potentially dimensions?

Sorry, not able to access the link.

elyod138

Bench
What does that mean in plain English? that the story is being told in two different time zones/potentially dimensions?

Sorry, not able to access the link.
It's saying the show has allusions to classic art and literature and ancient Greek mythology and by analysing the allusions we might be able to uncover some of the mysteries of the show so far.

Latest posts