What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Westworld

elyod138

Bench
The latest episode all but confirms we have been watching multiple timelines.
It confirmed that Dolores talking to Bernard in the basement was actually a flashback/memory of her talking to Arnold.

It also looks like all of the William/Logan story is from the past and William is most likely the man in black, more and more evidence has been pointing to it each episode. In the latest episode we see that the photo of Logan's sister he shows William is the same photo which Dolores's father finds in the dirt in the first episode which made him question his reality. Also, the hosts he slaughtered were all the old models.

Last edited:

Stewbum

Juniors
I see a resemblance to Stephen King's Needful Things in only that the pre-work was masterful before unleashing a torrent of awe-inspiring actions. I'm now considering hard as to whether it is a better show than The Night Of (and you Night Of haters go f**k yourselves.)

bileduct

Coach
f**k I love this show.

In anticipation of the season finale I've started watching again from episode one. There's a lot of stuff going on that takes on new meaning after having seen the later episodes of the season and becoming familiar with all the plot twists.

elyod138

Bench
Everything is set up nicely for the 90 minute finale.

Looking forward to watching it again with all the information.

Generalzod

Immortal
f**k I love this show.

In anticipation of the season finale I've started watching again from episode one. There's a lot of stuff going on that takes on new meaning after having seen the later episodes of the season and becoming familiar with all the plot twists.
Truly one of the best shows on Television, especially the music score I could hear it all day.

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
The thing that last episode did well was really turn my opinions of Logan and William on their head.

Logan is a bit of a douche, but from his perspective he's just playing a video game. All he wanted to do was take the man his sister is marrying on a super-expensive holiday to bro-out and get closer together.

It is actually William who's gone crazy, fallen in love with a machine and lost his mind inside the world. Logan is the one who is seeing it how it's supposed to be seen.

I have a few theories as to what's going on:

I'm half expecting a twist that it's Logan, not William, that is the Man in Black. But William makes way more sense.

There are also three timeframes in play if you ask me, not two:

35 years ago/before the park opens - Arnold and Delores talking in the basement.

30 years ago/the park has just opened - Logan and William's trip.

Present - Man in black, Teddy, Ford and Bernarnold, et al

I also heard Jeffrey Wright saying that the shows first season is something of a prequel to set up the 'real' show, which is meant to run 5 seasons. I'm kind of wondering if they're doing a bit of a Robb Stark/Jon Snow head fake and making you not realise who the true hero is. My money is Ashley Stubbs is going to develop into the hero protagonist over the next few years.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Finally caught up after binging the last 3 days, absolutely awesome show. Can't wait till next weeks finale it's going to be epic.

elyod138

Bench
The finale exceeded my extremely high expectations, blown away.

Ford was on the host's team all along, he just believed they needed more experience/suffering before they could become a worthy adversary.

Timbo

Staff member
Holy shit.

I mean. Wow. Just.

Holy shit.

An Easter Egg appeared on the website confirming that Elsie is still alive and stuck in the park.

Where the f**k was Stubbs?!?!

Can't believe we have to wait till 2018 for season two!

elyod138

Bench
There's a badass post credits scene too, make sure you don't miss it.

Armistace and Hector cleaning out the building Terminator style was worth the wait.

Last edited:

Aragorn

First Grade
Crazy good finale.

Exceeded all my expectations.

I'm routing for the hosts in Season 2!!!!!!! Go get some payback Deloros!!!

Aragorn

First Grade
Not really a spoiler but i doubt Ford is dead. I reckon he built a host to make that speech. No way he gets Delores to kill him and not be around to witness the aftermath of his creation.

A good thing about these hosts is they can "die" just like humans so they're not invincible like the terminator.

Its an even playing field.

Roll on S2.... Dolores goes from Damsel in distress to murder killing bitch. Thats quite a turn around.

Timbo

Staff member
There's a badass post credits scene too, make sure you don't miss it.

Armistace and Hector cleaning out the building Terminator style was worth the wait.

Ok, but seriously - where the f**k did they hire those SWAT teams? The Imperial Stormtrooper academy?

They were pouring bullets at those two from point blank range and missing every time.

Not really a spoiler but i doubt Ford is dead. I reckon he built a host to make that speech. No way he gets Delores to kill him and not be around to witness the aftermath of his creation.

A good thing about these hosts is they can "die" just like humans so they're not invincible like the terminator.

Its an even playing field.

Roll on S2.... Dolores goes from Damsel in distress to murder killing bitch. Thats quite a turn around.

You beat me to it as that is exactly what I thought. I would not be surprised if that it turns out that it was the host we saw being constructed in the hidden lab under Ford's "house".

elyod138

Bench
Ok, but seriously - where the f**k did they hire those SWAT teams? The Imperial Stormtrooper academy?

They were pouring bullets at those two from point blank range and missing every time.
Have they ever had to deal with the hosts harming a human? It wouldn't surprise me if they hired average chumps for their security team to save money and just gave them fancy weapons, without ever expecting that they'd have to use them. They were dangerously complacent in most other aspects of the park, I can see security being the same.

That being said, it does shit me when in movies the 'hero' never gets hit by dozens/hundreds of people shooting at him/her and they shoot back and nail almost every shot, though the second part is fine in Westworld, the hosts are literally aim bots and I loved watching them nonchalantly firing from the hip.