What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We've needed a TE'O type since 2014 and we may already have one the books!!

ThingFish

Juniors
Since Ben TE'O left we've had a hole in our forward pack. The kind of forward that is fearless in attack and defence, that comes off the bench and punches holes in defensive lines, that tires out defenders. We tried you fill it with your Carters and your Browns, with mixed success.

But The rate at which this Fui kid is improving we could have that hole filled in a season or two. Watching the Titans game in replay I swore I saw TE'O in some Fui's runs and some of his hits.

I'm not saying he's there yet, but he's building into something, something we'll really need.

Even if the rest of this season is a fizzer, it's going to be exciting times watching young kids like Angus and Fui bring it each week. Glory Glory.

southsport

First Grade
I can't disagree with what you have written, Fui looks to have a big future, a back 3 of Sutto, Angus, Sam with Fui coming off the bench sounds good to me.

CAFPOW

Juniors
If some miracle we become this year's premiers. I think that would be the best time for Sutton to retire.

themacemaceman

Juniors
Since Ben TE'O left we've had a hole in our forward pack. The kind of forward that is fearless in attack and defence, that comes off the bench and punches holes in defensive lines, that tires out defenders. We tried you fill it with your Carters and your Browns, with mixed success.

But The rate at which this Fui kid is improving we could have that hole filled in a season or two. Watching the Titans game in replay I swore I saw TE'O in some Fui's runs and some of his hits.

I'm not saying he's there yet, but he's building into something, something we'll really need.

Even if the rest of this season is a fizzer, it's going to be exciting times watching young kids like Angus and Fui bring it each week. Glory Glory.
Could it be that our recruitment isn't as bad as some make out?
Sometimes it takes a while for the young guys to hone their craft.
Chrichton and Fui have come up to speed fairly quickly though and can't see what they would not be permanent fixtures in the top grade.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Sutton can go another year but off the bench.. even a club legend shouldn't stop the development of fuimaono. The kid needs to start in as many games as possible. If anyone could understand that it's Sutton.

southsport

First Grade
Sutton can go another year but off the bench.. even a club legend shouldn't stop the development of fuimaono. The kid needs to start in as many games as possible. If anyone could understand that it's Sutton.

I think Sutto's profile within the club is too high for him to start from the bench.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think Sutto's profile within the club is too high for him to start from the bench.

I don't think anyone's profile's too high to start on the bench. The bench is more important than people make it out to be. Impact off the bench is a must for our squad and Sutton will provide that. Is Chris heighnington any less of a player because he plays off the bench? Or Mitch Aubusson? The bench is just as important as the starting squad and the only reason I think fuimaono should start is because he's younger and can withstand the opening stanza better than Sutton!

southsport

First Grade
I don't think anyone's profile's too high to start on the bench. The bench is more important than people make it out to be. Impact off the bench is a must for our squad and Sutton will provide that. Is Chris heighnington any less of a player because he plays off the bench? Or Mitch Aubusson? The bench is just as important as the starting squad and the only reason I think fuimaono should start is because he's younger and can withstand the opening stanza better than Sutton!

I understand what you are saying and I don't necessarily disagree with you but I'm not sure that Madge would do it with Sutto, I see more that Sutto would start and Fui would come on for impact.

ThingFish

Juniors
I understand what you are saying and I don't necessarily disagree with you but I'm not sure that Madge would do it with Sutto, I see more that Sutto would start and Fui would come on for impact.
Much like he used Teo in the 2014 finals series.

greg jay

Juniors
I Love Sutton but does he really need to play on another year?
Johnny looks as though he is getting fitter and trimmer. I say give him one more season he seems motivated and ready to win again. Johnny is also a better LEADER than either Inglis or Sam Burgess. If Lewis and Gallen keep on for Cronulla then why not give John another season??? Plus he can fill in at 5/8 or play from the Bench a valuable player - with a touch of class and a ton of experience - to have in any squad.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Johnny looks as though he is getting fitter and trimmer. I say give him one more season he seems motivated and ready to win again. Johnny is also a better LEADER than either Inglis or Sam Burgess. If Lewis and Gallen keep on for Cronulla then why not give John another season??? Plus he can fill in at 5/8 or play from the Bench a valuable player - with a touch of class and a ton of experience - to have in any squad.
Agree he should play on and Madge has hinted at that too!!!!!

Nice to be able to post in a thread without arguing and where we can voice our views on what we really think!!!!!

Latest posts