What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whadda yez wear to Warriors games?

Blair

Coach
A couple of things intrigue me, the people who don't wear any Warriors gear or colours? Where's the fun in that? Also, people that get hold of jerseys and shirts without any advertising on them, especially if it's junkfood or bourban.

Any lycra jersey is a no go for most people over thirty who enjoy a regular beer (and, more often than not, an inappropriate feed afterwards) which pretty much rules out any new jersey/jumper bought post-2005.

The foundation 'retro' jumper is a fine fit for most but it's not really in the shops anymore, also a kid asked a guy wearing one at the last game I went to who he's 'supporting'?.

Tomorrow we're not playing Penrith or Wests, and it's warm, so I'm settling on a black short-sleeved shirt, along with a Warriors grey, white and black scarf tucked away somewhere, might even have it hanging out of my pocket gangsta style. That'll scare the rich kids from the Eastern Suburbs.

They won't be hanging around long after the game and might even be back in their BMW convertibles and back down the freeway to Sydney before it even begins.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I used to wear the home jersey de jour.

I didn't go to games for years, last week I wore the 2002 heritage and my girlfriend wore a Memphis Grizzlies singlet with her last name on it lol.

Diesel

Referee
I've never understood the ransoms that wear another team's jersey that's not playing to a game. I get you want to support your team

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I've never understood the ransoms that wear another team's jersey that's not playing to a game. I get you want to support your team

They're probably fans of the team whose jersey that they're wearing but are there just to enjoy the game as a neutral? I mean if you're not a warriors supporter and live in Auckland you're only going to see one game a year supporting your own side so unless you show for some neutral games. My mate is a storm fan and moved to Brisbane and he did that.

As for the OP, I wear what I always wear, my original 2001 jersey, the first year we made the 8. Still fits me, miraculously!

Last edited:

ozbash

Referee
Leaguenut usually wears a stunning mauve chiffon 2 piece topped with a flowery hat..

He looks very attractive..

sup42

Juniors
A Clean pair of undies.

In case I get run over by the Warriors bus.

Keep hearing the Warriors coaches and players take turns at driving the Warriors bus.

Not worried about the players....they couldn't run over a flea.

It's those coaches and their lack of control over the Bus that worries me.

always a warriors jersey and a warriors hat for me
got a few jerseys bucket hats and caps so ever wear the same thing. one thing i always see at warriors games in sydney is someone wearing a chiefs jersey and what do u know i seen one again today

Blair

Coach
...one thing i always see at warriors games in sydney is someone wearing a chiefs jersey and what do u know i seen one again today

Yeah, I was just going to mention that now! I saw about 6-7 Chiefs jerseys, which is quite a lot when you think about it. What's it all about? I reckon it's the fancy Maori design, Warrior motifs and all that.

A very well-to-do chap and his partner were near me in All Black jerseys, which pissed me off. The wearer's were more than welcome but the jerseys weren't. Sorry, but I'm really arsey when it comes to that.

Just summing up today, all those luminous orange, pink, lime, yellow, et al, Warriors jerseys are all the rage aren't they? There was so much flouro that for a while there I thought I was on a construction site. If one of those traffic controllers fell ill outside the ground a Warrior fan could jump in and fill the role, whilst having no trouble ticking all the health and safety boxes, eh?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Any lycra jersey is a no go for most people over thirty who enjoy a regular beer (and, more often than not, an inappropriate feed afterwards) which pretty much rules out any new jersey/jumper bought post-2005.

That's not really true mate, yes the material is different but they aren't actually "lycra" and they certainly don't make them as tight fitting as what the players wear! They fit about the same as any normal item of clothing.

My 2015 Warriors jersey in size XL is still an appropriate fit for my 100kg 30+ year old regularly-enjoy-beers-and-pies frame.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Recently I've been wearing the Green one from 2014 or 2015.
Also usually wear a Warriors cap on too

I never go to the Warriors games without wearing a Warriors shirt. Closest was going to the Nines as either Super Mario or a prisoner

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
My 2015 Warriors jersey in size XL is still an appropriate fit for my 100kg 30+ year old regularly-enjoy-beers-and-pies frame.

They've definitely shrunk by about a size though, my 2001 Jersey (polyester, not the old-school cotton) is a large and plenty big enough for my 101kg beer and pies fed frame.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
They've definitely shrunk by about a size though, my 2001 Jersey (polyester, not the old-school cotton) is a large and plenty big enough for my 101kg beer and pies fed frame.

haha, that might be a fair point as I have a 2002 jersey (from 2002 not the retro one) which is also an XL (was a gift and always too big for me) and I was surprised to find when I put it on recently that it was STILL a loose fit despite me being 20kg heavier.

However, I'd still say the jersey sizes pretty much align with normal clothes sizing these days.

Blair

Coach
I've had a lazy eye on Ebay and Trade Me this week, hoping for some pissed off Warriors fans off-loading their gear!

As the ancient Chinese proverb goes...a disaster is a time of great opportunity.

Last edited:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team

Wore a pink Warriors jersey to a Dragons/Bulldogs game in Sydney.

No harm at all.