What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a thriller (Manly v Dogs spoilers)

gaterooze

Bench
Manly score a try in the last minute to get to 26-28. Andrew Walker had a conversion from the sideline to push into golden point.. and just missed.

Great effort by manly to take it down to the wire, when everyone expected them to be flogged. They came back from, what, 20-4 or something?

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah they are a very unpredictable team just like the Dragons are.
Its so hard to tip against them or for them you just dont know how they will perform on the day. Dogs were lucky in the end to win. 2/6 for me in tips so far im having a shocker.

carlnz

Bench
Good on you manly...it proves now that there are no easy beats in the NRL...thats what we want isent it??? every team has won a game and every team has lost a game...

t-ba

Post Whore
It's an improvement. I'd love to see whether or not the dogs imploded or manly lifted in the second half before I make any judgments though!

Igor

Juniors
The Dogs tailed off in the 2nd, but Manly definately lifted and played some exciting football. Cant wait 'til they play a full 80 min like that! 8)

t-ba

Post Whore
It'd be good wouldn't it :lol: .

Maybe we can apply this idea of 'eighty minute football' to The parra match.

ibeme

First Grade
I was there. It was a cracker of a match in the second half. Manly were on fire. They had plenty more petrol in the tank than the dogs, and they had a lot of consecutive sets on the bulldogs line. Dogs defended their line well

Canterbury

Juniors
very sus defence for us out wide.. el masri has to stay on his wing and patten has to think like a last line defender.

At 16-0 up and into the second half they kind of geared down - though thats no excuse for putting in a poor performance.

HOWEVER we got away with the two competition points - which is a relief.

Good game manly and goodluck for next week.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Great game, thought we should of won it with some dubious tries to the dogs! But ah well, we got close enough and I for one am very proud of my team. Credit to the dogs for a great game and to their fans for (what I saw) not repeating scenes seen at the Roosters game. Bring on Parra.

atomic_crimson

Juniors
CC_Eagle said:
Great game, thought we should of won it with some dubious tries to the dogs! But ah well, we got close enough and I for one am very proud of my team. Credit to the dogs for a great game and to their fans for (what I saw) not repeating scenes seen at the Roosters game.

dubious tries to the dogs??

manly played well and i commend them for the comeback! thanks to them for keepin us on the edge of our seats..... but the first manly try was off a foward pass...and you will find manly and dogs supporters well most agree on that.

Disco

Bench
If Manly play like we did in the first half, we'll win the spoon

If we play like we did in the second, we'll give the 8 a shake