What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you most looking forward to in 2018 ?

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Next year I hope to see the dragons begin the year slowly and week by week get better and better,finishing 26 rounds in the top 4 .Be well coached and give our supporters something to relish.BUT that sounds like a dream.well a guy can dream.one thing I'm sure off with a top class half back and five eight plus a very good pack who knows what will happen.

Last edited:

sammythesaint

Juniors
Captaincy taken from Widdop
Widdop to dramatically improve and earn his high salary
Forward pack to play with energy and mongrel for 26 weeks and not burn out because Mcgregor finally learns to use the entire bech properly
Graham and Hunt among our top 4 performers week in week out
Graham to lift the passion and never say die attitude of the team
Nighty to realise its time to bow out.....thanks legend
2 juniors promoted to first grade
Nene to grow some balls

ouryear

Juniors
James Graham increasing the intensity and mongrel of our pack.

Hunts game and kicking skills.

Widdop showing more creativity, if he doesn't now Hunt is here, time to cut.

Dufty developing as a player and being allowed to run the ball back, not always passing, (Mary's fault, not his)

Some new pacy wingers, from our junior ranks.

Lafai showing he can do it

A happy forum, big crowds and loud Dragon chants

ouryear

Juniors
I'm looking forward to having better 5th tackle options with Ben Hunt getting the ball and taking the pressure of Widdop. I'm also looking forward to Dufty developing into a Ben Barba like fullback. Plenty more to look forward to next year. So happy Dugan and McCrone are gone.

If Sharks beat us and Dugan is man of the match, I won't be able to get out of bed for a week.

Please God don't let that happen.

LINESPEED

Juniors
I am mostly looking forward looking forward to Mary getting sacked.

And enjoying the monosyllables (eyes downcast) & quivering lip at the press conference after say, Round 6??

Buckle up boys

Should be worth the wait. Doust won't front up of course, but his press release might be his last!

At least we warned him about backing losers again.

ouryear

Juniors
And enjoying the monosyllables (eyes downcast) & quivering lip at the press conference after say, Round 6??

Buckle up boys

Should be worth the wait. Doust won't front up of course, but his press release might be his last!

At least we warned him about backing losers again.

The reason I don't want him sacked is because it will mean after say 8 rounds we are 1-7 or 2-6.

Or after 10 rounds 2-8 if Doust waits 10 weeks.

I don't want that.

I would much prefer Mary get a 2 yr extension, be given life membership and a bronze statue in our car parks because we win the GF!

LINESPEED

Juniors
The reason I don't want him sacked is because it will mean after say 8 rounds we are 1-7 or 2-6.

Or after 10 rounds 2-8 if Doust waits 10 weeks.

I don't want that.

I would much prefer Mary get a 2 yr extension, be given life membership and a bronze statue in our car parks because we win the GF!

You're right ouryear - miracles can happen.
That almost happened to the Cowboys at Rd 26!

All we can do is wish the boys all the best - especially our juniors

I dream of another Gasnier in the centres lol

ouryear

Juniors
Also I would LOVE to see the 2018 TOP 8 table read something like this!

DRAGONS
NEWCASTLE
TIGERS
PARRA
RABBITS
MANLY (only for Trents sake)
WARRIORS
TITANS ( Only if Hayne is sacked first)

No rorting storm or rooster teams,
no real QLD teams, (Titans are close enough to nsw), no grubs, no Phil Goulds team (hate his 10 yr plan),
no shonkies!

Crush

Coach
Also I would LOVE to see the 2018 TOP 8 table read something like this!

DRAGONS
NEWCASTLE
TIGERS
PARRA
RABBITS
MANLY (only for Trents sake)
WARRIORS
TITANS ( Only if Hayne is sacked first)

No rorting storm or rooster teams,
no real QLD teams, (Titans are close enough to nsw), no grubs, no Phil Goulds team (hate his 10 yr plan),
no shonkies!
Thats next years bottom eight right there! Lol

ouryear

Juniors
Next year I hope to see the dragons begin the year slowly and week by week get better and better,finishing 26 rounds in the top 4 .Be well coached and give our supporters something to relish.BUT that sounds like a dream.well a guy can dream.one thing I'm sure off with a top class half back and five eight plus a very good pack who knows what will happen.

Oh ohhh, how slowly should they start?

Dracarys

Juniors
the presence of Ben Hunt and James Graham and the effect it has on Widdop's game. A viable half partner and a real leader in the forwards will allow him to play a steadier game truer to his natural style