What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What CD Are You Listening to ?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Biffy Clyro - Opposites

Pretty under rated band these guys. Love any rock band who can do the heavier stuff as good as the melodic stuff.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Eat To The Beat-Blondie

My favourite Blondie album, going to see Blondie and Cyndi Lauper tomorrow night at the new Entertainment Centre[ whatever its called now]. Interested in what the playlist for Blondie will be.

Eat To The Beat-Blondie

My favourite Blondie album, going to see Blondie and Cyndi Lauper tomorrow night at the new Entertainment Centre[ whatever its called now]. Interested in what the playlist for Blondie will be.

My folks had this lp when i was a kid. Still an utter gem of an album. So many memories having spun it over 35+ years. Might have to spin it now.

Marillion - Misplaced Childhood.

My uncle's English and he loves these guys. Got me on to them and Iron Maiden as a kid. Just an epic album.

Green Buzzard - Space Man Rodeo

Has a real shoe-gaze, buzz pop vibe. Good little Aussie band on the rise. Molly would probably have said: If these guys aren't ruling the airwaves by this time next year...

I recommend Do You Ever Glow? and Dream In/Out - funnily enough the 'singles'.

gUt

Coach

Battlesmirrored.png

elyod138

Bench
Green Buzzard - Space Man Rodeo

Has a real shoe-gaze, buzz pop vibe. Good little Aussie band on the rise. Molly would probably have said: If these guys aren't ruling the airwaves by this time next year...

I recommend Do You Ever Glow? and Dream In/Out - funnily enough the 'singles'.
Saw Green Buzzard live a couple of years ago, they go alright.

Can't wait to see these guys again next month, Wata is one of the coolest guitarists you'll ever see.

Last edited:
Michael Penn...his back catalogue on mix up on my iPod.

I bought his debut March back in mid-1990 and have had it on hand ever since. It's just one of those albums you put on and leave on.

He always seemed destined to be something bigger but after his first single No Myth, never repeated the popularity. That said, he's just a gem of a muso. Every album is a treat and littered with bittersweet musings on the human condition.

It's funny to think he's the third Penn brother, after Sean and Chris (RIP) but he's really one of those 'undiscovered' treasures.

These days, he's eschewed the standard album creation process to concentrate on film/TV soundtrack work (Boogie Nights was one of his) and has recently contributed a few new songs to the Girls soundtracks and scored Masters of Sex.

I highly recommend March and his third LP from 1997, Resigned.

horrie hastings

First Grade
The Visitors -ABBA

ABBA's last studio album to date, released not long before the group disbanded, this album was so different to anything ABBA had previously done. Love the title track The Visitors and the epic I Let The Music Speak, the only let down is the appalling Two for The Price Of One which is sung by Bjorn, WTF were they thinking with this track. Interesting fact also that this was the first album produced on the CD format.

Last edited:

Latest posts