What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What CD Are You Listening to ?

horrie hastings

First Grade
Back With A Heart- a great album from Olivia Newton John, so upset to hear that her cancer has spread again, such a selfless woman who has given so much to others suffering from this horrible disease.

Attention is my favourite track from the album.

Generalzod

Immortal
Currently there is a special on the 80's digital station radio U2 Johua Tree 30th anniversary special...

Spud

Juniors
1996-Down-on-the-upside.jpg

On vinyl

Peter Gabriel : Us

I just can't believe I haven't listened to this in an age. Back in 1992, when I was in Year 10, the amount of times Digging In The Dirt and Steam got played on radio must have been staggeringly high.

Love both songs, but I always liked Kiss The Frog that didn't seem to hit the highs of radio play and chart action as the aforementioned singles did. The video is so 90s with its computer graphics of the era.

I've always like Peter Gabriel. I haven't really listened to anything since, just his later Genesis work (The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway is just an absolute belter to sing) and his first 6 solo albums.

Life's Good

Coach
Some 30 year anniversaries this year...i was 11 at the time.

Pet Shop Boys Actually
Def Leppard Hysteria

Both would be desert island discs for me.

Also scored Tears For Fears The Hurting boxset. Awesome.
Hysteria is one of the great albums. The track list just never gets old. The Hysteria track gets a fair old work out in my house.

Spud

Juniors
underrated album

on some days Tighter and Tighter is my favourite Soundgarden song

Likewise man. I find myself enjoying the second half of the album moreso than the first half as time goes on. Even though the whole thing is great

White Lies - Friends

I had heard this was an average album from the band when it got poor reviews upon its release in late 2016. Had this on my to get list for a while and spotted it for $7.99 at JB on Saturday.

Going in with no expectations, other than that I really quite liked the first three albums, this is a pretty decent effort. Sure, they haven't strayed from their template much but it was a template I kinda liked, so I'm happy with it all the same.

It reminds me of a slightly more masculine Deckchairs Overboard meets the mope of Joy Division.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I used to work in a team always under pressue. One day, as a joke, I threw this song on.

After that, every file became Urgent, Urgent, Urgent. Lol.

Always loved Say You Will. You forget just how many radio hits they had between 77 and 88.

Lol, I have my ipod on shuffle while I'm getting ready for work and Say You Will just came on.
Cold As Ice is another one of my favourites from them.

I'm sure Cold As Ice was the Cologne ad in the early 80's when I was a young un. [The song isn't in this ad...but it's the product, I'm so very sure it was in the ad about 1983 or 1984].

It's funny, it wasn't until I bought a best of Foreigner, I realised how many singles were theirs.

EDIT: This is supposed to be a 1995 ad using it for beer: