What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you love most about Grand Final day?

Lambretta

First Grade
$8.20 for Hahn Superdry 3.5 or XXXX gold.

I would rather not drink than drink that shite at that price
If they offered to pay me $8.20 per schooner, I would still be on the fence

I went to the College Football game at Homebush and refused to drink anything until the 3rd quarter, by which time they had run out thankfully.

Lambretta

First Grade
This GF day was the most low key day I can remember

I was home looking after the kids as the wife was away
All my mates had other plans or were away

I had two beers and then a combination of jet lag and the cold I've been suffering made me fall asleep on the couch and I missed the Storms second try. I didn't drink any more. I just watched the game and then went to bed

What did I enjoy most? Not being hung over the next day.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The iron jack was alright but at $8.20 for a plastic thimble full I limited myself to two. There was plenty of decent food stalls outside the ground which was good and I enjoyed chilling in the sun in the park area with the band. Transport was great, very well run, helpful staff and trains not packed at the time we were on them. I cant fault the presentation of the game at all and think the nrl did an outstanding job.

The only let down for me was that walking around Sydney and main areas there was not a single indication a GF was taking place that weekend. It's a massive missed opportunity to promote the game generally and to show Sydney actually cares that it gets to host it. Should be something the city is proud of not something hidden away.

Lambretta

First Grade
The iron jack was alright but at $8.20 for a plastic thimble full I limited myself to two. There was plenty of decent food stalls outside the ground which was good and I enjoyed chilling in the sun in the park area with the band. Transport was great, very well run, helpful staff and trains not packed at the time we were on them. I cant fault the presentation of the game at all and think the nrl did an outstanding job.

The only let down for me was that walking around Sydney and main areas there was not a single indication a GF was taking place that weekend. It's a massive missed opportunity to promote the game generally and to show Sydney actually cares that it gets to host it. Should be something the city is proud of not something hidden away.

Sydney might have given more of a shite if a Sydney team had been playing, but then that usually falls to the local area council to get excited. The City of Sydney Council wouldn't give a flying stuff - unless possibly if Souths are there - because as everyone knows the City of Sydney is represented by errrrrr South errrr well, no erm.

Anyway, they weren't going to spend City of Sydney money promoting a game between North Queensland and Melbourne in Homebush.

It's how Sydney works. You're right - it's f**king rubbish

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I enjoy the chance our game gets to be in the national spotlight (ok Adelaide and Perth ratings are low but Melbourne is really starting to tune in, in bigger numbers, even when the Storm aren't playing)

GongPanther

Referee
No doubt we will hear how they are the former reigning premiers lol. Let's hope its another 45 years before we have to go through that again!
Don't mind the Sharks.They are a great club with great dupporters.I'm sure they feel a bit cringy when the likes of the idiots on NRL 360 at times lay it on thick with a trowel.