What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does a typical AFL cheerleader look like?

A PAIR of Western Bulldogs tragics who have been the heart and soul of the club for almost 90 years combined have been dumped from the cheer squad for not putting enough bums on seats.

Doggies cheer squad co-presidents David Porter and Gary Munn say they were given their marching orders by chief Simon Garlick on Wednesday despite both being life members of the AFL club.
The Bulldogs on Thursday went into damage control, writing to members about an "exciting'' restructure aimed at making the cheer squad "the loudest and most supportive'' in the league.
But Mr Munn, a cheer squad member of 50 years, and Mr Porter, a member for 37 years, said they been shown the door because the club wanted to take control of its fan base.
Mr Porter said they were being punished for the Bulldogs' struggles on-field.
"We've been blamed for people not going to the football when we were the ones there supporting the team when there was only four people in the cheer squad,'' he said.
"I'm gutted because the football and the cheer squad has been part of my life."
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Mr Munn, whose mum Margaret started the cheer squad, said he had been told he was "no longer required'' despite years of service. "I won't be going to games any more,'' he said. "It just wouldn't feel right. It's the way that they have done it that hurts.''

Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ce/story-fni5fazt-1226776424086#ixzz2mjIDiZhO
420893-4a041e58-5d76-11e3-a193-58736454795b.jpg
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...90-years-service/story-e6frf3e3-1226776424086

Tone83

Juniors
I don't even... what the f**k is in the water down there seriously? They're just so weird and foreign, I want to have a shower after every time I accidentally think of them.

TeamSatan

Juniors
Poor bloke..

Every football club has "special supporters" whose whole life or existance is their team.

To be snubbed by the club they love is like kicking a puppy..

His name is Robert Poulson.

Poor bloke..

Every football club has "special supporters" whose whole life or existance is their team.

:lol: His name IS Robert Poulson!!

...also, is he wearing foundation?

Wasn't Dresden Dan mocking us before about cheerleaders on another post. And now he goes and puts up AFL pics of cheerleaders. Bit hypocritical.

Poor bloke..

All RL clubs have supporters like this but they don't let them run the show. These guys should have been cut 30 years ago.