What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What else can go wrong?

ash411

Bench
It all depends on how much weight you put on the off field media garbage. If you're all about that, and aren't concentrating on how we're doing on the field, yeah, it's been a pretty shit year.

On the field we've had our best year in a long time. A LONG TIME. we're winning games, and playing well, the boys are putting in for the whole game (something they haven't done in years), we have a winning record, sounds pretty great if you ask me. We're playing so well that we are being stripped of 12 points and still have a chance to make the finals.

It all depends on your perspective.

jono

Juniors
When I look at the comp table as it stands ( ie sans points stripping) I am really proud that despite all the chaos, this team sits equal third with the premiers, ahead of the grand finalists, and but for two last minute aberrations, may well have been sitting on 28 points and equal second. The "equation" still exists. Our true points score is 10.
With all the mediocre teams around the bottom of the eight, 26 points and a good differential might get us in. 8 from 10 . Can be done......if only we had a miracle!!!!

millersnose

Post Whore
The best thing about this for you guys is it is all happening in one season
You still have a strong team and I for one am nervous about the Sharks facing the eels on Saturday
2017 is looking good for the eels

Seriously, can this season really get any worse?

With the Paulo alleged road rage, the Norman drug charges, the salary cap debacle, the constant in fighting within the top management, Foran's depression, then season ending injury, Semi doing the bolt and now his AVO, Foran not attending rehab, we haven't lost our 12 points yet, losing a favourite son Peats and so much more................the list just goes on and on and on.
Seriously, is this the worst season in any club's history, forever?

I think that honour goes to any club the season after they are kicked out of the top flight league.

And, what more could happen?

Tbh, I seriously couldn't give a rat's anymore about this season. I can't wait for it to finish.
Yes, I'll be watching the games, but the care factor at present is zero.

I cannot believe that we have stooped to such a low, after having such a great season on the field. I really feel for the players.

Any predictions about how things can get any worse?

We could be playing shit on the field, either that or as the NRL's final flurry, they could kick us out of the NRL and bring in the Brisbane Bombers.

Incorrect

Coach
You still have a strong team and I for one am nervous about the Sharks facing the eels on Saturday

This is what I've been hanging my hat on for the past couple of months... but who knows what the hell is going to happen with Foran, Semi has almost certainly played his last game for us, we've not been able to recruit anyone to replace the likes of Paulo and Peats until all this salary cap mess is sorted....

I fear that 2017 will be a struggle for whoever we have left to put on the field...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think that honour goes to any club the season after they are kicked out of the top flight league.

We could be playing shit on the field, either that or as the NRL's final flurry, they could kick us out of the NRL and bring in the Brisbane Bombers.
Yeah i'm sure the NRL are going to boot the biggest club in the west out of the competition :sarcasm: Especially with the GWS having such a big season.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Yep. We are gonna break your nose in another 4 places you ugly merkin.

phantom eel

First Grade
It all depends on how much weight you put on the off field media garbage. If you're all about that, and aren't concentrating on how we're doing on the field, yeah, it's been a pretty shit year.

On the field we've had our best year in a long time. A LONG TIME. we're winning games, and playing well, the boys are putting in for the whole game (something they haven't done in years), we have a winning record, sounds pretty great if you ask me. We're playing so well that we are being stripped of 12 points and still have a chance to make the finals.

It all depends on your perspective.
This is true. Ignore the media feeding frenzy and don't get caught up in the "drama" of how we think our club "looks", and this season hasn't been too bad at all on field.

Arthur's done a great job getting performances under adversity out of our guys that have been so soft in the middle in previous years. It bodes well for future seasons.

Delboy

First Grade
A lot of the clickbait is down to the lack of real interest in the other teams in Sydney, if Slothfield didn't follow the Sharks they would have little press and the Rorters survive on the push of their past leader and his political savvy

We have all been told that there is only Souffs and Parra that sell media in Sydney, welcome to the reality that is this year

hindy111

Post Whore
If it was not for Parra what would the paper write about.
Semi made front of sports section over the ORIGIN and JNR to Canberra did same. Both 2 days before ORIGIN.

To me that says one thing - WE are bigger then ORIGIN.

Pugzley

If you guys think that you have it rough, then I got three words for you: Matthew Elliot Era.

I wouldn't wish a Matthew Elliot Era even to the St. Merge.

Grail

Juniors
Asking "What else can go wrong" is asking for something else to go wrong. And there are many, many things that can.

Semi found guilty and gets gaol time.
Norman found guilty, but also part of a larger drug ring and gets gaol time.
The Eels are investigated and found to have a number of individuals involved in the above. Gaol time.
The Eels are found to be complicit in the match fixing investigation. Massive fines, life time suspensions, gaol time.
The Eels boardmembers are found guilty of fraud, gaol time, club sanctions and fines.
The Eels are considered to have brought the game into disrepute. Club license terminated or the club forcibly relocated to Perth.

When you think you're at the lowest ebb, there are always ways that things can spiral further out of control.

emjaycee

Coach
Asking "What else can go wrong" is asking for something else to go wrong. And there are many, many things that can.

Semi found guilty and gets gaol time.
Norman found guilty, but also part of a larger drug ring and gets gaol time.
The Eels are investigated and found to have a number of individuals involved in the above. Gaol time.
The Eels are found to be complicit in the match fixing investigation. Massive fines, life time suspensions, gaol time.
The Eels boardmembers are found guilty of fraud, gaol time, club sanctions and fines.
The Eels are considered to have brought the game into disrepute. Club license terminated or the club forcibly relocated to Perth.

When you think you're at the lowest ebb, there are always ways that things can spiral further out of control.

f**k me you're a little ray of sunshine aren't you.

You forgot meteor hits team bus on the way to Shark Park and wipes out players.