What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Games Are You Playing?

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I bought Spore on special on Steam.
Quick 10 minute play and I thought it was alright, especially considering it's age.

Still jamming my Accrington Stanley save on FM2016. Now enterting my fourth season with Accrington. First season, play offs in League Two. 2nd season I won the play-offs and earned promotion to League One. Last season I was fancied to be relegated, but ended up on 15th. Just about to begin my fourth season and my goal is to go higher than 15th, and even at a pinch get in the play off spots.

Carrying a large squad, I literally just released 27 playes (albeit, most were youth players) and I'm looking to sell another 5 or 6. Done a bit more business with my real team Huddersfield Town as my last two purchases have been great from them (Bojaj who is my second highest goal scorer and Jack Boyle who rates a tad over 7 over a season). This season I've brought in Clint Dempsey and Jack Payne.

I had an interview with Brisbane Roar of all people, then Accrington board scrambled to keep me, upping my finances.

Other than that, I'm still jamming my Zombie server on CSGO. I spend a minimum of 7 hours a week on there, generally like to do an hour a day.

Frederick

Staff member
Haven't had a lot of time to play anything lately, but when I do fire up the PS4 I've been playing rise of the tomb raider, and have been thoroughly enjoying it.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I've also been jamming a bit of WWE 2k17 (on my PS3)
Havn't even touched Universe Mode as I've never really understood the concept, and I don't play regularly enough to remember what story lines I have going on.

I'm just going through and trying to unlock everything. Although I fear it may become stale once I've done that.

perverse

Referee
I bought Spore on special on Steam.
Quick 10 minute play and I thought it was alright, especially considering it's age.
Mate, the only part of that game really worth playing is the space age portion. If you haven't made it to that yet and you're already enjoying yourself, you should definitely keep going.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Got far cry 4 out again, finished it ages ago but trying to get all the masks, mani wheels etc. probably the best world I've played in.

Eelectrica

Referee
Stellaris with the new Utopia X-Pac. This game which was pretty good just got a whole lot better. Playing as a pacifist/spiritualist empire while I learn the system. Keeping our friends close, but our enemies closer...

Wato

Juniors
About 10 hours into Persona 5 really awesome game and innovates on the turn based JRPG combat system in some real interesting ways. The story has been quite good so far too and is exploring some dark themes, what really shines in this game thou is the stylish design of the UI, environments and the way you move between cover plus certain combat interactions. The anime cut scenes are pretty good too.

Big Pete

Referee
About 10 hours into Persona 5 really awesome game and innovates on the turn based JRPG combat system in some real interesting ways. The story has been quite good so far too and is exploring some dark themes, what really shines in this game thou is the stylish design of the UI, environments and the way you move between cover plus certain combat interactions. The anime cut scenes are pretty good too.

I'm four dungeons deep and while it's just a souped up Persona 3, it's a delight to revisit this spin-off. Everything that makes the Persona series stand out is present and the inclusion of palaces enables the game to stand out.

I can see it appearing in a lot of GotY lists, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who isn't a fan of the genre. The game doesn't innovate and if you're not into reading a lot of text boxes or repetitive gameplay this isn't going to change your mind.

For fans of the genre who haven't played a Persona game before, this is a fantastic entry point and you'll more than get your moneys worth.

Wato

Juniors
I'm four dungeons deep and while it's just a souped up Persona 3, it's a delight to revisit this spin-off. Everything that makes the Persona series stand out is present and the inclusion of palaces enables the game to stand out.

I can see it appearing in a lot of GotY lists, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who isn't a fan of the genre. The game doesn't innovate and if you're not into reading a lot of text boxes or repetitive gameplay this isn't going to change your mind.

For fans of the genre who haven't played a Persona game before, this is a fantastic entry point and you'll more than get your moneys worth.

Yea If your not a fan of turn based JRPGs than you won't get much fun out it. Personally I don't really play turn based RPGs(previous experiences in the genre are Pokemon, P4G sunk about 30 hours into it, Child of light and South Park stick of truth)but am really enjoying Persona although I am playing it in easy mode because it's a long game and I don't want to be spending time grinding.

Big Pete

Referee
It's considered one of the best JRPG series for a reason and anyone who has any inkling should definitely seek this game out. I'm having a blast sneaking through palaces, discovering new Personas and configuring the right teams.

The music is brilliant as well, I haven't been able to get the forth dungeon theme out of my head all day.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've recently reinstalled and modded the shit out of Skyrim. Not even the Special Edition, which is a bit harder to mode until they get SKSE 64 out.

It's been a lot of fun. I'm playing it with hardcore mode - death is final, combats are all deadly, and loot is much harder to find.

Mixed in with some of the survival elements introduced by mods like Realistic Needs, Frostfall, Campfire etc. it's been a totally different experience.

chigurh

I'm getting back into Defcon, Everybody Dies after a few years. Getting absolutely smoked online but i'm starting to get the hang of it again.

And finally starting to play HZD after buying it like a month ago. It looks incredible in HDR, the prettiest game I've ever seen. Have hardly touched the story line, just enjoying exploring and the side quests.

Iafeta

Referee
There's a good sale on Xbox store at the moment. Picked up ReCore, NHL 17 and the season pass packs for Fallout 4 and Witcher 3. Going back into Fallout is super nuka fun.

Contemplating getting FIFA 17 or Gears of War in the sale as well... maybe.

Big Pete

Referee
Persona 5 - There were so many highlights but just the simple pleasure of exploring each palace takes the cake. Each palace offered something new whether it was a fun theme, an interesting antagonist or a new character design which had plenty of thought put into it. A lot of references went over my head, for instance there's a party member who dresses up like a Disney prince with a crow mask. At first it looks really stupid and you wonder whether the designers just got lazy, but when you look into the cultural significance and learn more about the character, the more you realise it provides more insight than a tact on conversation would.

I think the Persona series is fantastic and while Persona 5 at it's core really is just a 2006 game with a fresh coat of paint...I enjoy the series so much that's all it needs to be in order to get my money's worth. I would not be surprised if I end up beating it again before the year is over.

Also want to give the 7th Palace theme a shout out, it gives the 4th a real run for it's money.

Parra Pride

Coach
Persona 5 is the first time I've touched anything to do with this series. I'm fifty hours deep and have loved every moment of it so far.

Really happy they put up the Japanese audio track. This may sound stupid, but having watched reviews on the game using the English dub I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much. To think they weren't going to have this as a feature, it's something that really should just be a standard of JRPGs at this point. The lack of a Japanese audio option is still the only real complaint I have with Breath of the Wild.

Big Pete

Referee
Giving the player that choice is certainly cool because everybody has their preferences. With that said, the dub was actually well handled and outside of a few awkward translations, I thought Atlus did a really good job of localizing the game.

Nice to see you're enjoying yourself Parra Pride. As a newcomer, I think you'll get even more out of the experience which is saying a lot because I really enjoyed my time with the game.

Where abouts into the game are you? And what's your strategy with Personas? Do you just fuse to get new breeds or are you conscious of what each brings to the table? Personally I was always in the former camp which probably cost me a few times. Some Personas are worth keeping around, even if they're 10 or so levels behind others.

Parra Pride

Coach
Just got through the Medjed/Summer Break stuff with Futaba. As far as Personas go, I try ty fuse them up every five to ten levels while trying to keep a fair amount of coverage in the moves I carry over. I really wanted to keep Arsene around, but it just got way too hard to justify it and he had to go.

Big Pete

Referee
I enjoyed the Futaba segment, right as the game was beginning to grow a little repetitive they change it up and introduce one of the best characters in the game. I like the impact she makes on the game and the more you get to know her, the better she gets.

Plus, she may have the best confidant storyline of the lot. Either hers, or Shijiro's who happens to be tied to hers.

Are you making use of the special drinks you receive on Sundays and have you bought yourself a plant to maintain?

Latest posts