What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to John Doyle?

badav

Bench
After watching that try he scored in origin (2002?) was wondering what happened to John Doyle?? Remember him as one of the few blokes who got picked in origin from a then struggling North Queensland side.

Retirement due to injury comes to mind, but wasnt he in the roosters top 25 last year.

ozzie

Bench
he played very well for the Roosters and it was a big loss when he retired because of his knee injury,

D

Deleted member 10972

Came out of retirement, was excellent during the 2006 season, very crafty when he came on. I think we bought Ndaira as insurance though because Doyle's knees were struggling. He helped Soward, Lewis & Pearce in their development though.

girvie

Staff member
I saw him at the Newtown Premier League game on Friday. I think he is on the coaching staff there or he is a trainer.

Knight87

Juniors
It was Game 1 2001 that John Doyle scored that try. Other players picked from the Cowboys were Paul Bowman and John Buttigieg

sooperdooper

First Grade
The Mack said:
Came out of retirement, was excellent during the 2006 season, very crafty when he came on. I think we bought Ndaira as insurance though because Doyle's knees were struggling. He helped Soward, Lewis & Pearce in their development though.

he didnt do to well then...