What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happens to Demitriou...?

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Notwithstanding it would take a miracle of gargantuan proportion s for Demetriou to return, the Dragons simply cannot take the gamble of appointing a third rookie coach in succession.

No thanks.
You really have no idea what a good coach is obviously you want somebody elses cast off.im sure after his treatment here we have no chance of getting J. D .

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Maybe we need to bow down to the master race and master plan of Doust.
Send JD up to Brisbane get some experience under the Master - Bennett, then get him back here to take up to the top and the superemcy of the storm so we are Number 1 every year after ----
I need a Tom Raudonakis Slap.
Sorry boys - I had a dream!!!!
I would love to agree, but in case you are wrong what "facial " cheek do you want slapped firs?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
You really have no idea what a good coach is obviously you want somebody elses cast off.im sure after his treatment here we have no chance of getting J. D .

I haven't specifically advocated ANYONE's cause; my only preference is that the Dragons appoint an experienced coach.

Is this so difficult to comprehend?

Apparently, yes.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Well, Arthur was a rookie coach, assistant at Manly.... before going to Parramatta ....and raising them from the dead.

Cleary was a rookie coach before taking on the warriors job ....and doing a great job there.

Experienced coaches.
Ricky Stuart, gets sacked from the Roosters, failed at Cronulla, left Parramatta a mess, and finishes behind Mary in 2017.

Canberra is flopping.

Madge wins a premiership in 2014, but in 3 years since, his experience has resulted in nothing but poor results.

Henry - Experienced coach, not wanted at the cowboys any longer, then sacked by the Titans.

Tim Sheens - Experience personified - Sacked by the tiger's.

Experience can mean something, but often it means nothing.

Rookie coaches like Cleary and Arthur have proved that if the background of the guy is exceptional.....chances are a great rookie will be no more of a risk than a so called experienced coach.

Experienced coaches get sacked every year.

A good riposte predicated by the word "if".

Personally, I feel it's a gamble that's too risky for SGI to take.

Remember, Steve Price had an "exceptional background" before everything went awry.

BennyV

Referee
I haven't specifically advocated ANYONE's cause; my only preference is that the Dragons appoint an experienced coach.

Apparently, yes.
Gotta agree - if there was a time to appoint Demetriou, it was for 2017. We missed the boat and there's no way they'll risk it all on a rookie, as much as there's a high chance that Demetriou will make a good coach.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Robinson and Maguire won as rookies, broke the Bellamy, Bennett, Hasler dominance.

Interested to see Siebold and Brennan go at Souths and Titans. Both have good cattle and would not be surprised if they make a top 8 spot.

As per comment above I feel for Maguire because I think he is a great coach but has not only had Crowe screw him around (Keary left cause of him and I am sure was back up for Reynolds), plus all the injuries. Since he won the GF they lost Big Sam for a year, Inglis a year, Issac Luke left and Reynolds has been injury prone. If all 4 continued to play on the pitch at the same time they would have come close again.

Maguire is the best of the experienced coaches available.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Still Recon if we offer JD the NRL coaching job he would be back.

I can't believe we have not had a full review of the performance of the football department.

Surely, with McGregors reduced responsibilities this year, an assessment is required.

Questions that I think need answering

were the players up for the game?
has the inadequate basic skills Coyne's review found been addressed?
did we manage the workload of the players?
Did we have appropriate and well defined plans in place for each game?
Did we govern the players ( If they did not perform)?

I'll stop here.

getsmarty

Immortal
Still Recon if we offer JD the NRL coaching job he would be back.

I can't believe we have not had a full review of the performance of the football department.

Surely, with McGregors reduced responsibilities this year, an assessment is required.

Questions that I think need answering

were the players up for the game?
has the inadequate basic skills Coyne's review found been addressed?
did we manage the workload of the players?
Did we have appropriate and well defined plans in place for each game?
Did we govern the players ( If they did not perform)?

I'll stop here.

All good points except the Board see Mary as a Career Coach...Hopefully we are not stuck with him for 10 years before they realize the error of their ways.

JD moved his family back to nsw to be closer to the entire family then got thrown under the bus by McGregor and decided to head back to Qld.

I doubt he would come back and certainly not to the Dragons.

Overseas dragon

Juniors

Apparently, yes.
And apparently you would accept any mediocre coach as long as he's experienced.good luck with that.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Your only criteria is an experienced coach there are a truck load of them and most of them are as good as the current coach like I said good luck mate.

So, using YOUR criteria, is a bloke such as Hasler (a premiership winning coach) who's been recently dismissed by Canterbury on a level footing with McGregor?

I wouldn't have thought so.