What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHAT IF

The Damo

Juniors
IF

the smallest word with the biggest variety of meaning.
Excuse me while I take the opportunity to drop some poetry on y’all;

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

Some good words there from old man Kipling. Worth aspiring to.

Dragsters

First Grade
We are going up and down in performance, we havent got the quikest and flow free backline but WHAT IF:

We lose to the rabble called Manly.

We lose the players on rep duty

We get key injuries

We lose two or three on the trot.

What would this forum say about the above. Do people start saying we are the ultimate chokers??????? We all know on this forum that our depth is largely untested due to the short sightedness shown by Mr Mcidiot, I wonder what Mc idiot does if the wheels start falling off. Does he do what he has done in the last few years by not altering our play?????

By the way we are the second most attacking team in the comp. I dont understand how?

Hey dino, if you leave your "half glass full" of water sit for long enough, eventually you will have nothing left to drink...

Excuse me while I take the opportunity to drop some poetry on y’all;

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

Some good words there from old man Kipling. Worth aspiring to.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference

I heard that somewhere, dunno where, think I may have been drunk at the time.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I can tell you 100% what will happen: people will bag Mary.

In fact, the dragons are 1st at the moment and people are still bagging Mary.

Wow. Think about that. Most people thought we'd be outside the top 8...that we may scrape into the top 8 at the end of the year. Well, at the moment we're perched on top and people are are not happy haha

Come finals, all these season games mean ZERO.

Can't you see the team has noticeably slipped over the past month, and that many of the forwards look fatigued?

It's only the halfway point. Don't the failures of 2015 and 2017 make you just a little queasy?

hazzbeen

Bench
What if instead of managing injuries but resting players and potentially sacrificing one week we manage niggling injuries to key players by interchanging them on/off three times in a game limiting the impact of the remainder of our bench …

That wouldn't happen would it?
AS IF .......

Life's Good

Coach
The premise of this thread(like a few others)has meant I have been visiting our forum a little less. Sure, if I don’t like it I don’t have to read it so the only way is to avoid it altogether which is a shame because there are plenty of good posts & posters.
Absolutely the club isn’t immune from criticism but a bit of perspective is required.
Rant over.
Go Dragons.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
The premise of this thread(like a few others)has meant I have been visiting our forum a little less. Sure, if I don’t like it I don’t have to read it so the only way is to avoid it altogether which is a shame because there are plenty of good posts & posters.
Absolutely the club isn’t immune from criticism but a bit of perspective is required.
Rant over.
Go Dragons.

Well said

ozbuck

Juniors
Can't you see the team has noticeably slipped over the past month, and that many of the forwards look fatigued?

It's only the halfway point. Don't the failures of 2015 and 2017 make you just a little queasy?

Mate, tbh I think we've overachieved this year so far.

Look at all the teams across the board...they're all looking more fatigued than the start of the year. The using 3 interchange players is my only major concern with Mary.

If the dragons were the panthers last night, everyone would be throwing their arms up at the result and directing it at mary. Panthers got scorched by the roosters who have not been consistent at all... Panthers have been a team who ppl are creaming their pants over of recent times and got blown away. you know what, most common sense ppl say 'oh yeh games like that happen to every good team. Move on..' ...but the noose would be getting prepared by some dragons fans if that was us. its crazy

Our form has definitely dipped the last month. Thank god. Imagine if it dipped 2 weeks out from the finals instead. All teams form dips during a year... The good teams win some games during that dip...that's what we're doing.

Do I think we can win the GF this year? ...probably not. But a top 4 finish is a massive accomplishment if it happens I reckon.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Mate, tbh I think we've overachieved this year so far.

Look at all the teams across the board...they're all looking more fatigued than the start of the year. The using 3 interchange players is my only major concern with Mary.

If the dragons were the panthers last night, everyone would be throwing their arms up at the result and directing it at mary. Panthers got scorched by the roosters who have not been consistent at all... Panthers have been a team who ppl are creaming their pants over of recent times and got blown away. you know what, most common sense ppl say 'oh yeh games like that happen to every good team. Move on..' ...but the noose would be getting prepared by some dragons fans if that was us. its crazy

Our form has definitely dipped the last month. Thank god. Imagine if it dipped 2 weeks out from the finals instead. All teams form dips during a year... The good teams win some games during that dip...that's what we're doing.

Do I think we can win the GF this year? ...probably not. But a top 4 finish is a massive accomplishment if it happens I reckon.
Good post.

Latest posts