What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is it with St George and Grand Finals?

Jimbo

Immortal
1985 - CHOKE
1992 - CHOKE
1993 - CHOKE
1996 - CHOKE
1999 - CHOKE
2001 - Ex coach applies everything he learned at the Dragins to GF with Parramatta - CHOKE
2002 Flegg - CHOKE
2002 Divvy - CHOKE
2003 Arrive Alive Cup - Coach and players from St George infect an otherwise successful side - CHOKE
2003 Harold Matthews - CHOKE

Where will it end? :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
Jimbo said:
Where will it end?
A desperate post from a desperate poster...

Lets compare:
SCUM: 1973 - CHOKE
SCUM: 1978 - CHOKE

Hey.. that didnt take long..... :lol:

I can't take it anymore... it's affecting my health.... - Ando

Pat N

Juniors
Harold Matthews this year didnt choke, they were never expected to win, and weren't tipped to get as far as they did.

Anonymous

Juniors
There's a lot of holes in every post from Jimbo. It's always funny when someones supports the most unsuccessful club in League history and are so disillusioned that they even look up other teams loss records. :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
and btw, have a look at Jimbo's banner... a typically unoriginal Sharks supporter who has to pinch pictures from a Saints website to make up a banner. :lol:

What was that I read about the Sharks Immortals? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jabs

Juniors
Well Willow you should sue the bastard for copyright infringement.
And by the way what is it with the SCUM and Preliminary finals?

1999 - CHOKE
2001 - CHOKE
2002 - CHOKE

Alan Shore

First Grade
Willow said:
Jimbo said:
Where will it end?
A desperate post from a desperate poster...

Lets compare:
SCUM: 1973 - CHOKE
SCUM: 1978 - CHOKE

Hey.. that didnt take long..... :lol:

I can't take it anymore... it's affecting my health.... - Ando

Now that's pretty unfair Willow.

1973 was only our sixth year in the comp. Best Grand Final in history. 10-7 reflected the closeness of the game I enjoyed every minute except the result. If anyone has a video of it for sale, contact me.

Greg Hartley robbed us in 1978. He said to Steve Rogers after the match, "You wouldn't want to win with a penalty goal would you?"

An 11-all draw decided by the corrupt Hartley is hardly a choke. We had a mountain of injuried and basically had Seconds playing in the replay.

Yeah I've a copy of the 1973 grand final, it’s stored safely in the garage with all my other old Cronulla videos. :roll:

But you can’t have it.

Southernsaint

Staff member
It's going to feel so good watching your ex-coach & play-maker playing in the Preliminary Final, whilst your idiot players are dressed as firemen, directing traffic & your coach is off in the garage looking for the "winning culture" he misplaced somewhere...

I have no idea why someone from the most unsuccessful club in football history would try to rip on the club that has won more Grand Finals than any other. There's something in the water down in The Shire, obviously.

Thank you & good-night, Dumbo :lol:

Cheers,
Ben S.

Jimbo

Immortal
:lol:

I GOT ONE, I GOT ONE!!

You guys are hysterical, you're like a pack of seagulls squabbling over a chip!!

Southernsaint

Staff member
Jimbo said:
:lol:

I GOT ONE, I GOT ONE!!

You guys are hysterical, you're like a pack of seagulls squabbling over a chip!!

Oh, I get it - when you have no comeback you just pretend it was all a wind-up & not some deep-seated inferiority complex, riiiiiiiight!!

Jimbo, just like your football team, you have nothing :lol:

Cheers,
Ben S.

Jimbo

Immortal
Of course it was a wind up!!

In order to have an inferiority complex, your opponent has to be superior. Might I remind you of the 8-1-3 record we have against your rabble? How about finishing ahead on the table 4 years out of five?

If we've got nothing, you clowns have got even less :D

Anonymous

Juniors
Jimbo said:
Of course it was a wind up!!
If we've got nothing, you clowns have got even less :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Is that another wind up? You've got nothing.... and we've got even less... :lol:
Ah right... never let a lack of wit get in the way of a hitting the 'submit' button... when all else fails, just call it a 'wind up'. :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
btw Jimbore. Its not very fair to say that that Tamazoid is like a 'seagull squabbling over a chip'... he's a sensitive lad you know. :lol:

Jimbo

Immortal
Willow said:

Oh, bravo. Nice one. Very cutting. Ten out of ten. A big tick and a smiley face for you. Well done. Absolutely devastating. :roll:

Are you going to print that out and get your Mum to stick it on the fridge?

Alan Shore

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
It's going to feel so good watching your ex-coach & play-maker playing in the Preliminary Final, whilst your idiot players are dressed as firemen, directing traffic & your coach is off in the garage looking for the "winning culture" he misplaced somewhere...

I have no idea why someone from the most unsuccessful club in football history would try to rip on the club that has won more Grand Finals than any other. There's something in the water down in The Shire, obviously.

Thank you & good-night, Dumbo :lol:

Cheers,
Ben S.

When did we mention South Sydney?

Anonymous

Juniors
Jimbo said:
Willow said:

Oh, bravo. Nice one. Very cutting. Ten out of ten. A big tick and a smiley face for you. Well done. Absolutely devastating. :roll:

Are you going to print that out and get your Mum to stick it on the fridge?
Are you still winding us up? :lol: :lol:

dead ball

Juniors
Go hard jimbo , rip into these sad bastards like willow , southern saint and the other tool dennis something or other. :lol: :lol:
The seasons over and these 3 are clinging on ha ha ha
the Mighty Sharks won the last time the 2 teams met and thats all that matters . Have a long sad off season spitters!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
dead ball said:
the Mighty Sharks won the last time the 2 teams met and thats all that matters .
oops, wrong again. What is it with Scum supporters and maths?
Saints tanned your sorry hides at Kogarah.

If I was you, I'd go down to Cronulla High and demand that they return all school fees.