What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is Jack Bird's best position?

What is Jack Bird's best position?

• Fullback

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Centre

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • Five-eighth

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Second row

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Lock

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters

Bronco18

Juniors
That article reeks of nothing but a poor attempt to put a divide between Bird and the Sharks. A pathetic attempt to derail our attack on this year's comp.

It's pretty transparent. Broncos "leak" a story after they were pissed off about the Sharks announcing that Bird signed. Doubt there's anything to it.

That's quite a revisionist view of the Mundine / Broncos situation you have.

He was never going to play in the halves, as you mentioned with Walters / Langer being there.

He was signed to play in the centres, with Smith (NOT Jason) moving to the back row.

The 'I was disrespected' line only came out after he'd left Brisbane, usually when he wanted attention from the media.

Knight76

Juniors
Hmm, so with this in mind:

$$$: Knights
Touches: Knights - we were giving him 5/8. Bennett is reportedly, giving him centre.
Getting along with coach: Brown cooks BBQ's for recruits!
Winning distant last: Knights.

But yet he ended up at Broncos!

Well I guess what I'm saying is if money was not a factor, and what he was saying publicly was what he actually wants, then Newcastle would seem a better fit.

I'm also saying without the broncs flexy cap bending special powers they wouldn't be able to match the Knights offer at all and if he left and went anywhere for money, again, it would be the Knights.

There is an interview on youtube with him where he makes it clear he is going to play for the club paying him the most cash.

Last edited by a moderator:

blaza88z

Coach
Well I guess what I'm saying is if money was not a factor, and what he was saying publicly was what he actually wants, then Newcastle would seem a better fit.

I'm also saying without the broncs flexy cap bending special powers they wouldn't be able to match the Knights offer at all and if he left and went anywhere for money, again, it would be the Knights.

There is an interview on youtube with him where he makes it clear he is going to play for the club paying him the most cash.

Don't blame him, he has rheumatoid arthritis. I would be taking the most cash I could possibly get out of whomever is prepared to give it to me.

POPEYE

Coach
Bird's best position was always with the Sharks, the position he finds himself in with the Broncos mightn't be to his liking . . . he can play anywhere other than front row

Spade

Juniors
I don't think his anything special in any position, just a solid first grader. I'd like to see him at lock.

POPEYE

Coach
I don't think his anything special in any position, just a solid first grader. I'd like to see him at lock.
I reckon he could be an Origin player, he'd have to be a regular starter to find out for sure

AJB1102

First Grade
I think I said earlier in the thread he's a centre for me. Lock if he bulks up a bit. Not too sure about that ballplaying anymore, seems to make 30m across field for every 3 he makes forwards without a hint of a pass.

Was a big fan 2015/16 but he's been shit for Sharks this year. As such his best position going forward is wherever Broncos wanna put him. Good luck. No grudges but not sorry to lose him... yet haha