What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Is The Dumbest Thing You Have Ever Done?

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I'll admit the I've done thousands of dumb things throughout my life but yesterday's takes the cake.

I went to a local ATM to withdraw $300. The sky was looking angry and I was in a bit of a rush. Did the usual thing at the ATM, removed my card, took the receipt but LEFT THE f**kING MONEY IN THE MACHINE!!!!!!

I didn't realise this had happened until a few hours later. I immediately rang the CBA who took details of my identity, transaction, blah, blah, blah. The person said that the ATM sucks the money back into the machine after about 30 seconds and it would take up to 21 days for a refund to be processed as long as nobody else snatched up the money. I was also given an investigation number.

From my recollection, nobody else was anywhere near the ATM at the time. It was starting to rain and the ATM is located in a side street without any overhead cover. Also the CBA person said that there would be CCTV footage at that ATM.

Personally, I don't go walking past ATMs to see if there's any money hanging out of them so this time, I might consider myself lucky that the money will be reimbursed.

WHAT A DUMB merkin!!!

simmo1

First Grade
I've left $80 sticking out of an ATM, however a couple of years ago I found $1000 sticking out of an ATM, so I'm $920 up.

hellteam

First Grade
I left 50 bucks in an ATM once, a few weeks later comm bank sent me a letter saying they concluded their investigation and credited the money back to my account

Red Bear

Referee
I lost cards twice in about 5 days in the states, same way. As opposed to here where you get your card befor eyou get your money, over there you got your money before your card. Took cash, walked away, checked wallet later "oh f**k." That was really dumb

nöyd

Staff member
Went through drive-thru at Red Rooster once to order a bbq chook. Gave the girl some cash, got my change and drove off without the food.

Parra

Referee
I lost cards twice in about 5 days in the states, same way. As opposed to here where you get your card befor eyou get your money, over there you got your money before your card. Took cash, walked away, checked wallet later "oh f**k." That was really dumb

I used an ATM in NY - took out $500 and watched it blow all over the place. Our ATM's hold your cash - not so for all of them in the US - they just spit out notes while you chase them and your kids piss themselves laughing at you.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
got a tshirt wet on the last day of a drinking trip with some mates when younger..

rather than spending $1 on the caravan park dryers, i tried drying it in the microwave in the caravan.

shirt caught fire, which set the microwave on fire, which would have set the caravan on fire, had a mate not been sleeping inside, who woke up at the fire alarm and grabbed the extinguisher and put it out.

thankfully he woke up, and double thanks the extinguisher was there, as the firey microwave was between him and the door.. if the whole van had gone up.. well.. don't really want to think about that..

lesson of the day - don't be a tightarse and try to save $1. thankfully it only ended up costing me a lot more in damages, but could have been much, much worse.

but.. overall not sure it's the dumbest thing i've ever done..

i also managed to use electric hedge trimmers to cut through the extension cord that was powering said trimmers...

gUt

Coach
Not the dumbest thing ever but it's down there.

It was after school, early in grade 8, at the bike racks. My mate told me he knew how to figure out the combo of those combination bike chains and unlock them. All you have to do, he said, was keep the pressure on and try every number and you'll feel it grab slightly when the right number comes around.

Mightily impressed and eager to test his theory I looked around and spotted a chain to try it on. I knelt down and got to work. It may well have worked but the sudden and sharp blow to my right kidney interrupted me. The year 12 whose bike it was calmly stepped over my shuddering corpse and I didn't even see what the combo was, as my mate laughed and laughed.

Gina Minehart

Juniors
Saw a woman for six years. Only problem being she was in a relationship for most of that time, then got married and we still kept banging

Never again. Don't do it kids

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
oh, nearly got in a fight with quentin pongia in a pub once..

don't know if it's classified as stupid for nearly getting into the fight.. or smart for having the common sense to back away at the right moment..

Willow

Assistant Moderator
oh, the dumbest thing i could ever do would be to admit my prior failings live here on the internet...
Hey, internet is ultimately a rewarding experience. Ask anyone.

But if I've read the dumbest things here in this thread, us interneters must be a pretty smart bunch.

That said, Moffo could win the Darwin award with this...
I once Put a hand axe through my leg when swinging at a tree

Last edited: