What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your most unpopular opinion about the NRL?

I don't necessarily know if this is unpopular with the punters, but I reckon there should only be a specific number of accredited player agents per year, with a flat fee paid to the managers to negotiate contracts, rather than percentage of players contracts. Will go a way to stopping the player managers holding clubs to ransom for months on end and forcing clubs fork out substantial fractions of their cap to sign or retain star players.

I know it's somewhat Communistic in approach and I've only thought about it at high level but that's one way they can suppress the rate of salary growth in the game.

Das Gupta

Juniors
Thursday night football
Constant rules changes
Referee howlers
Inconsistencies from the match review committees and the judiciary
Todd Greenberg's lack of leadership

I am sure I can find more.

Lambretta

First Grade
Thursday night football
Constant rules changes
Referee howlers
Inconsistencies from the match review committees and the judiciary
Todd Greenberg's lack of leadership

I am sure I can find more.

This thread is about things you love which others hate

Some of our tongues may be in our cheeks

siv

First Grade
I don't necessarily know if this is unpopular with the punters, but I reckon there should only be a specific number of accredited player agents per year, with a flat fee paid to the managers to negotiate contracts, rather than percentage of players contracts. Will go a way to stopping the player managers holding clubs to ransom for months on end and forcing clubs fork out substantial fractions of their cap to sign or retain star players.

I know it's somewhat Communistic in approach and I've only thought about it at high level but that's one way they can suppress the rate of salary growth in the game.

I really like this idea

Perth Red

Post Whore
Players should be able to be fined by clubs the same amount that their negative behaviour and bad publicity cost their club in brand damage or lost sponsors

NRL should introduce a min stadium facility standard and give clubs 5 years to meet it or move

Frailty

First Grade
Unpopular opinions:
- We should remove the video referee altogether, referee mistakes are part of the game but more acceptable when it's live decisions.

- NRL shouldn't 'own' teams or prop them up.

- Introduce clubs trading players and a trade deadline at round 20.

- NRL Commission should be made up of 1 club rep, 1 player rep, 1 rep from each state league (NSW, QLD, Vic, Tas, SA, NT, WA).

Reactions: siv
Post your unpopular NRL opinions here:

Cam Smith's 400 games isn't that impressive. He had Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk to work off most of his career. He dogged Origin when all the Queensland Greats retired. He'll mostly be remembered for manipulating the referees and cheating the cap. 400 games is okay, but it's not as big a jizz-fest as the media is making it out to be.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Parramatta are a well run and managed club. Its only bad luck that has seen them miss out on success since 1986.

Latest posts