What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

natheel

Coach
Is it dark and gritty as people are saying?

Not very. It had its moments of dark periods with Rita being brought into it but other than that it captured the cheesiness of the original show and I liked that. Even had the original "Go Go power rangers" theme in there too.

I liked that they used unknown actors for the Rangers and bringing in Bryan Cranston as Zordon was good too.

I'd give it a solid 7/10. Leave your critic hat at the door and just enjoy the fun of it.

Pugzley

Saw the Power Rangers movie.

The cameos from the original American show was a nice touch and I love how Austin St John had a slightly big role in it.

7/10 don't like the tad of grittiness it had. Otherwise it would have been a 9.

Edit: Sorry, that wasn't Austin St John but another actor who looks like a dead ringer.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Saw the Power Rangers movie.

The cameos from the original American show was a nice touch and I love how Austin St John had a slightly big role in it.

7/10 don't like the tad of grittiness it had. Otherwise it would have been a 9.

Edit: Sorry, that wasn't Austin St John but another actor who looks like a dead ringer.
Was gonna say I didn't notice him. I only saw the Og Kim and Tommy, not sure if any others were in there.

Danish

Referee
Traders (2015) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3531578/

Had no idea what it was, it was just the next movie on after another flick and since I spotted Sam from GoT in the opening scene I figured I'd give it a whirl. Its a low budget Irish film in a sort of thriller/dark comedy mold.

Without ruining it, the movie follows a few mates who all lose their jobs when the investment bank they work for goes bust and they struggle to get new work in the industry due to their link to a toxic previous employer.

Financial struggle sets in and one of them comes up with a, shall we say "novel" way for like-minded people to relieve themselves of their financial burden.

You can do some googling if you want to find out more before watching, but honestly its only 90 mins and IMO the fact I went in completely cold made it a much funner film.

elyod138

Bench
The directors cut. What are the differences?
It's 20 minutes longer and the stuff he added ruins the whole flow of it and makes it a chore to watch. Mostly he added a lot of over explaining of the time travel stuff. He also changed some of the songs, I preferred the theatrical ones.

The theatrical cut doesn't get bogged down by the technical stuff, which I don't care for in this movie, and you can enjoy it for the nostalgic 80's coming of age story. I think it's pretty funny too.

mackdadday

Juniors
Life - Jack Gyllenhal, Ryan Reynolds. The most boring, tedious, horribly scripted, poorly acted, disappointing film i have ever seen. I was literally on the floor of the cinema holding myself up using a girls leg trying to stay awake. 0.00000000001/10.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Life - Jack Gyllenhal, Ryan Reynolds. The most boring, tedious, horribly scripted, poorly acted, disappointing film i have ever seen. I was literally on the floor of the cinema holding myself up using a girls leg trying to stay awake. 0.00000000001/10.
That bad hey.

Aragorn

First Grade
Just came back from watching Ghost in Shell.

Way better than I expected.

The twist in the plot (never having followed the manga comics) was pretty cool.

8/10

Parra Pride

Coach
Just came back from watching Ghost in Shell.

Way better than I expected.

The twist in the plot (never having followed the manga comics) was pretty cool.

8/10

Movie was a lot better than I was expecting it to be. Coming from someone who has experience with the manga and anime that proceeded this, there were a lot of things that they did really damn well, however a lot of the deeper points of the plot were toned down a tad. Was still a good enjoyable movie, and something definitely worth checking out even if you weren't a fan beforehand. Would honestly suggest checking out the original anime movie if you liked this, as there should be no reason you don't like that as well.