What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Wizardman

First Grade
Life - Jack Gyllenhal, Ryan Reynolds. The most boring, tedious, horribly scripted, poorly acted, disappointing film i have ever seen. I was literally on the floor of the cinema holding myself up using a girls leg trying to stay awake. 0.00000000001/10.

I absolutely loved it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What is the attraction with the movie? I know many adults who absolutely love it

The Rock.

'Nuff said.

No, but seriously - he is awesome, but it's the animation, the humour, the music...

It's just a very enjoyable film.

The music, in particular, is something I love - it has Polynesian influences, and it's very uplifting.

axl rose

Bench
Kong- Skull Island. Enjoyed the 70's theme/music, pretty much met my expectations. About 20 to many characters but whatever. 7/10

Still preferred Peter Jacksons Kong though

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
I just saw "Night at the Roxbury". It won't win awards as the best movie of all time nor am I a big fan of Will Ferrell. But, I really enjoyed the campness of it all...charming movie.

The Rocketeer (with the kids).

I love this movie. Still a charming actioneer that is well cast and a hoot. Just good fun.

I hear Disney is now making The Rocketeers.

I absolutely loved it.

Me too. I saw Life on Sunday afternoon. Sure it is derivative of the first Alien movie, but there were enough twists to keep you guessing, especially the ending which I certainly did not see coming. I liked how it was Ryan Reynolds who was the first member of the crew to snuff it. Gyllenhal and Ferguson are the one who really carry the story in this one. I'd give it a solid 7/10 myself.

Wizardman

First Grade
Me too. I saw Life on Sunday afternoon. Sure it is derivative of the first Alien movie, but there were enough twists to keep you guessing, especially the ending which I certainly did not see coming. I liked how it was Ryan Reynolds who was the first member of the crew to snuff it. Gyllenhal and Ferguson are the one who really carry the story in this one. I'd give it a solid 7/10 myself.
I found it fell short of the first two Alien movies in just one area...the characters. The characters in the first two Alien movies were a lot more interesting I thought.
Very good movie though....no insult to fall short of two absolute classics though. I'd give it an 8/10.

azzah72

Bench
Finally got around to watching Arrival the other night.

I liked it, thought it was pretty cool and engaging and then it just didn't go the direction I was expecting.

I didn't dislike it but just wasn't sure at the end.

Interesting take on the invasion movie though.

Lego Batman Movie with a dozen kids.

I think I had the most fun.

Watched Batman (1966) last night. Campy hoot too. Adam West on re runs in the early 80S will always be "my" Batman.

Fletch, Spies Like Us, Funny Farm, teo Vacation films and even Xmas Vacation, Oh Heavenly Dog, Caddyshack, Theee Amigos. My childhood... Love EM all.

Wizardman

First Grade
Fletch, Spies Like Us, Funny Farm, teo Vacation films and even Xmas Vacation, Oh Heavenly Dog, Caddyshack, Theee Amigos. My childhood... Love EM all.
I deadset underappreciated his contribution to cinema. The bloke who played his role in "Vacation" was utterly hopeless.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Just watched Blood Orange (2016 version, not the totally unrelated 1953 version) starring Iggy Pop in the lead role and a stunning Kacey Barnfield as his young wife. I suppose it could be termed an erotic murder mystery.

It smolders along quite nicely until the last ten minutes where it gets a little messy. The last scene iis not an ending - it just leaves you puzzled. Only goes for 85 minutes and is the directorial debut of someone called Tony Tobias.

Being a huge fan of Iggy Pop, it gets an extra half point.

6/10