What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

vvvrulz

Coach
A Scanner Darkly 7/10 - Certainly different and takes a bit of getting used to, but well worth a look.

The Conjuring 7/10 - Very solid and does the job, but not understanding the huge plaudits given it's fairly standard set up and climax. It just feels like it played it a touch too safe when it hinted at darker things.

Frederick

Staff member
Laid up on the couch with the dreaded manflu today, so caught up on a couple of flicks.

Logan - brilliant, best solo wolverine movie by far, and I'd probably put it top two alongside days of future past in ranking all the xmen movies.

Wonder Woman - first DC extended universe movie I've actually enjoyed, although the overuse of slow motion in all their films really grates on me

vvvrulz

Coach
The Aviator - 7/10. Typical Scorcese, a long and ponderous collection of great cinematography and acting that never really comes together.

Life's Good

Coach
Shimmer Lake. One of those last chance, small town bank robber movies with plenty of twists & double crossing. The story is told in reverse & just when you think you are lost it all comes together to keep the story moving. Really enjoyed it.

Smack

Coach
I will check that out. Have you seen Hell or High Water? f**king fantastic film along similar lines.
Shimmer Lake. One of those last chance, small town bank robber movies with plenty of twists & double crossing. The story is told in reverse & just when you think you are lost it all comes together to keep the story moving. Really enjoyed it.

Life's Good

Coach
I will check that out. Have you seen Hell or High Water? f**king fantastic film along similar lines.
I haven't seen that one but will look out for it. If you like these types of movies try & find one called Red Rock West. A Nicolas Cage movie from the 90's when he didn't suck.

Eelementary

Post Whore
"The Interview (1998)"

Brilliant Aussie thriller, about a man (Hugo Weaving) arrested for questioning by police.

The film takes place almost exclusively inside the interview room, and focusses on the interview.

The performances are brilliant, and the tension is palpable.

Terrific film. Highly recommend it.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Watched Dunkirk last night (not on Imax but Embassy in Wellington still a decent size).

Enjoyed it, but didn't quite get the feels I was hoping for, not sure exactly why.
I'd still recommend it, but I didn't come out feeling "wow" like I have for some of his previous films.

Tom Hardy can't help but be a badass in everything he does though, huh!

Smack

Coach
Nice! I think the whole cast was great, when I was watching Jeff Bridges I only saw his character if you get what I mean. Really good flick.
Thanks for recommending this Smack. Really enjoyed it. Without being a 'spoiler' I am always a fan of the twisted good guy trapped in a bad guy situation.

T-Boon

Coach
Watched Dunkirk last night (not on Imax but Embassy in Wellington still a decent size).

Enjoyed it, but didn't quite get the feels I was hoping for, not sure exactly why.
I'd still recommend it, but I didn't come out feeling "wow" like I have for some of his previous films.

Tom Hardy can't help but be a badass in everything he does though, huh!

Had you heard a lot of hype?
I just saw it and hadn't heard/followed much hype. So I go in with that priceless thing...minimal expectation and I came out thinking it was freaking awesome. I was worried it was going to be like 'Pearl Harbour' or something. Haha.

Vic Mackey

Referee
"The Interview (1998)"

Brilliant Aussie thriller, about a man (Hugo Weaving) arrested for questioning by police.

The film takes place almost exclusively inside the interview room, and focusses on the interview.

The performances are brilliant, and the tension is palpable.

Terrific film. Highly recommend it.

Funnily enough I was telling the wife about this movie only the other week. We'd watched Hacksaw Ridge and she was saying how good Weaving was in it. Told her we need to watch The Interview as it's some of his best work.