What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

My cousin is a dry Scotsman who through a bizare set of circumstances is mates with both Clive Owen and Gerard Butler.

He often tells them he doesn't know how the f *** they get work. Flmao.

shiznit

Coach
Watched Thor Ragnarok today...

f**king hilarious movie.

If your up for a good laugh and some awesome action I would recommend it highly.

It is a CGI superhero movie... But it just does it a little different to everyone else... even GOTG.

It has kind of a quirky Indy style of humour...

And it’s currently sitting at 99% on Rotten Tomatoes.

vvvrulz

Coach
Otherlife 8/10 - classy low budget sci-fi that puts focus on plot rather than funky CGI. Moves along briskly and keeps you hanging on, very similar tone to Black Mirror

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
went and saw thor last night, loved it

my partner has introduced me to some of taika waititi's previous work in nz in some of it is great.

Dogs Of War

Coach
The girl with all the gifts. Was good till the ending which seemed slapped on and made no real sense with the decisions made. Had a similar vibe as 28 days later till then. 6/10.

Best in Show 5/10. Old movie about a dog show. Humour in it hasn't aged well at all. Was recommended it as one of the funniest comedies of all time. It's was far from even in the top 100.

War for the planet of apes. 7/10. Decent follow up. Hopefully that the end of that series.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Edge of 17. Really good coming of age movie about a 17 year old girl. 8/10

The founder. Enjoyable movie about how McDonalds became the giant it is. Interesting to see how it happened. 8/10

The accountant. Good movie, not as much action as I thought but a story to keep you entertained, worth 1 watch. 7.5/10

azzah72

Bench
Edge of 17. Really good coming of age movie about a 17 year old girl. 8/10

The founder. Enjoyable movie about how McDonalds became the giant it is. Interesting to see how it happened. 8/10

The accountant. Good movie, not as much action as I thought but a story to keep you entertained, worth 1 watch. 7.5/10

I loved the accountant and edge of 17.

Great movies.

PJ

First Grade
Thor.

Best of the series but thats not hard.

It was good but don’t think it anything super. Not as good as Spiderman and about par with GOTG 2.

The humor saved it.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just back from Thor Ragnorok and really enjoyed it. Humour was on point and so good, story and action wise I thought it could've been better. Korg was a standout for me.
1 thing I personally didn't like was the injury Thor had at the end, didn't really add anything and I just wish it didn't happen.
Still, a great movie 8.5/10

shiznit

Coach
Just back from Thor Ragnorok and really enjoyed it. Humour was on point and so good, story and action wise I thought it could've been better. Korg was a standout for me.
1 thing I personally didn't like was the injury Thor had at the end, didn't really add anything and I just wish it didn't happen.
Still, a great movie 8.5/10
Yeah that eye injury is going to be interesting....

It must’ve been a late change because on the trailers it shows the money shot of him landing on the rainbow bridge and he clearly has both eyes...

And it must only be a temporary injury as on the leaked infinity war trailer at the start when he crashes onto the guardians of the galaxy ship he has two eyes...

Frederick

Staff member
Yeah that eye injury is going to be interesting....

It must’ve been a late change because on the trailers it shows the money shot of him landing on the rainbow bridge and he clearly has both eyes...

And it must only be a temporary injury as on the leaked infinity war trailer at the start when he crashes onto the guardians of the galaxy ship he has two eyes...
Not necessarily a late change, could’ve been there from the start and they didn’t want to give it away in the trailers. Ditto for the infinity war footage - would’ve given away a huge spoiler for ragnarok

shiznit

Coach
Not necessarily a late change, could’ve been there from the start and they didn’t want to give it away in the trailers. Ditto for the infinity war footage - would’ve given away a huge spoiler for ragnarok
I thought that.... but that would mean they would have to spend millions on digitally adding an eye patch to all his avengers infinity war scenes...

For the sake of a small inconsequential spoiler... that’s a massive expense.

I’m picking they will just write an explanation in... I mean he’s the god of thunder... it doesn’t really need to follow conventional thinking too much..

Frederick

Staff member
I thought that.... but that would mean they would have to spend millions on digitally adding an eye patch to all his avengers infinity war scenes...

For the sake of a small inconsequential spoiler... that’s a massive expense.

I’m picking they will just write an explanation in... I mean he’s the god of thunder... it doesn’t really need to follow conventional thinking too much..
Not necessarily. How many scenes of that trailer did Thor appear in? From memory, not many. Wouldn’t have cost a huge amount to film two versions, one with and one without an eyepatch.

The whole reason the trailer hasn’t been released to general public yet is because “the effects aren’t finalized yet”, so maybe by that they meant they weren’t releasing it until after Thor and the state of his eye are well known

PJ

First Grade
The Trip to Spain. If you liked the first 2 it is more of the same, so very enjoyable but probably the weakest of the three.

Annabelle Creation. Pretty dull.

How the f^&k does it get 89% and 82% on Rotten Tomatoes. Kept expecting it to get good but didn't.

shiznit

Coach
Not necessarily. How many scenes of that trailer did Thor appear in? From memory, not many. Wouldn’t have cost a huge amount to film two versions, one with and one without an eyepatch.

The whole reason the trailer hasn’t been released to general public yet is because “the effects aren’t finalized yet”, so maybe by that they meant they weren’t releasing it until after Thor and the state of his eye are well known
I highly doubt they would have filmed two versions of a scene to keep an eye patch secret.

I guess we will know for sure when the infinity war trailer officially comes out... which im picking when JL is released...