What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Frederick

Staff member
I highly doubt they would have filmed two versions of a scene to keep an eye patch secret.

I guess we will know for sure when the infinity war trailer officially comes out... which im picking when JL is released...

The likely scenario is that the Infinity War scenes shown at Comic-Con didn’t have the final VFX drafts, which is common for movies of this caliber. In fact, Thor: Ragnarok also had some of the most glaring VFX changes; when Hela crushes Mjolnir, it takes place in a beautiful beach cliff in Norway, not in a New York City alley as the trailers initially showed.

surprise-this-isnt-how-this-scene-looks-in-the-actual-movie.gif
surprise-this-isnt-how-this-scene-looks-in-the-actual-movie.gif

Surprise: This isn't how this scene looks in the actual movie.
If Marvel can digitally teleport Cate Blanchett to Norway, and if Warner Bros./DC are willing to zap Henry Cavill’s beard for Justice League, then Disney’s artists can give Thor an eye patch without Chris Hemsworth reshooting his scenes. He may be the God of Thunder, but he’s also only human.
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...agnarok-avengers-infinity-war-ending-spoilers

So yeah, while you’re right that they probably didn’t shoot two scenes, it sounds like the patch will be digitally added in.

Also I had my money on the trailer dropping when Star Wars was released, based on fact they’re both Disney owned. Then again, dropping to steal some attention away from JL would score major troll points for Marvel

shiznit

Coach
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...agnarok-avengers-infinity-war-ending-spoilers

So yeah, while you’re right that they probably didn’t shoot two scenes, it sounds like the patch will be digitally added in.

Also I had my money on the trailer dropping when Star Wars was released, based on fact they’re both Disney owned. Then again, dropping to steal some attention away from JL would score major troll points for Marvel
Yup... that was my thinking... they will be wanting to steal some of JL’s thunder....

TLJ at the latest you’d think...

Life's Good

Coach
Straight Outta Compton.

Really enjoyed the travel back to that era and how the shift to Gangsta rap happened from the origins of street rap by Run DMC/Grandmaster flash took place.
It happened at an interesting time with the backdrop of the Rodney King bashing.
Some really good acting with Paul Giamatti continuing to impress me.

Zachary Smith

Juniors
Loving Vincent. Based on the latter years of Vincent Van Gogh this is an animation where every frame is a photogragh of an oil based painting done in Van Gogh style but using real life actors to replace the subjects in some of Van Gogh's paintings, 65,000 frames done by over 100 artists. The story itself is simple based on someone trying to determine why Van Gogh committed suicide but at 90 minutes it doesn't bore. I wasn't sure what I was in for after reading how it was produced but I'm glad I went to see it. One of the most remarkable movie productions I've ever seen, it helps if you like Van Gogh though.

vvvrulz

Coach
Alien Covenant 4/10 - Even dumber than Prometheus, unbelievably. More stupid characters get what they deserve in an awful mess that can't even get basic tension and creature effects right; the biggest sin to shoehorn in an insulting origin story of the Xenomorphs. The talented cast tries but is hung out to dry in a nothing script. Can't believe this is what Ridley has come to.

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
Mad Dog and Glory 7/10. Neat little forgotten character piece about a lonely shmuck cop Robert De Niro trying to muster up some guts for the affections of a cute Uma Thurman. We all know De Niro can summon any character, but the real trump card here is Bill Murray, completely against type as a dry sarcastic mob kingpin (you read that right), showcasing a huge well of lost potential as he only was handed goofball roles in those days. There's also a young hotshot David Caruso as De Niro's full-of-it yet tough as guts partner. It ends with a bit of a whimper which is too bad.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Murder on the orient... 6.5/10

Went in with really low expectations and tbh I was a bit surprised that I enjoyed it. Not a classic by any stretch but a decent flick, pretty cool ending too

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Why Him? 8/10

Loved it, watched it for what it was... a silly comedy... and it delivered on expectations. Franco and Cranston work pretty well together

shiznit

Coach
London has fallen... I gotta be honest... really enjoyed it.

I really don’t don’t Gerard Butler when he plays an American as his fake yank accent and voice can be f**king painful...

The film itself was a by the numbers terrorist attack action film... you’ve seen it a million times in Die Hard etc...

But I’ll tell you what... I really like the Mike Banning character... a brutal bastard who just mercks motherf**kers left and right...

There’s nothing better seeing a douchebag terrorist get a knife stabbed through his eye socket and then the handle snapped off...

He’s a bad motherf**ker that’s for sure...

Vic Mackey

Referee
Murder on the orient... 6.5/10

Went in with really low expectations and tbh I was a bit surprised that I enjoyed it. Not a classic by any stretch but a decent flick, pretty cool ending too

Watched it tonight. Found it boring as f*#k then out of nowhere it had this really sad ending that nearly made me cry.

Never letting the Mrs pick the movie again

4/10

Dogs Of War

Coach
13 minutes 7/10 - Based on a guy who attempted to kill Hitler in 1939. Found it an interesting bit of history. Good story about what was happening within Germany leading up to the war.