What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

axl rose

Bench
The Core. Guilty pleasure. Some of the science may have been inaccurate
1f600.png

Still at least its better than GeoStorm :thumbsdown:

Gold

With Matthew McConaughey.

Based on the true story of the Bre-X scandal.

Very interesting story which, apart from certain names and locations, keeps pretty close to the actual scandal.

McConaughey. I like him as an actor. I like the movies he chooses. I liked him in this movie. But f**king hell, sometimes he just needs to dial it back a bit before he bumps you and you realise “Oh yeah, that’s McConaughey and he’s about to go on one of his little tears, usually dribbling shit...”

Anyway, very interesting scandal I hadn’t heard of before, perhaps because the actual company was based in Canada, not USA.

3.5 spuds out of 5

Smack

Coach
Gold

With Matthew McConaughey.

Based on the true story of the Bre-X scandal.

Very interesting story which, apart from certain names and locations, keeps pretty close to the actual scandal.

McConaughey. I like him as an actor. I like his movies he chooses. I liked him this movie. But f**king hell, sometimes he just needs to dial it back a bit before he bumps you and you realise “Oh yeah, that’s McConaughey and he’s about to go on one of his little tears...”

Anyway, very interesting scandal I hadn’t heard of before, perhaps because the actual company was based in Canada, not USA.

3.5 spuds out of 5

I liked it, Edgar Ramirez was good too

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
The Place Beyond the Pines - 6/10.

Had high hopes with an all star cast, but just not enough depth to it for me, feel like each of the stories about the characters were rushed.

Still decent but not amazing as I had hoped

Zoidberg

First Grade
T2 trainspotting. Really enjoyed this follow up to trainspotting. Haven’t seen the original in ages so it was cool to get little snippets of it thrown in to give you some reminders.

thorson1987

Coach
If you want a good sports movie, which is based on a true story, try either Invincible with Mark Wahlberg (was made in 2006, based on the story of Vince Papale who played for the Philadelphia Eagles from 1976 to 1978 in the NFL), or Glory Road with Josh Lucas (also made in 2006, based on the events of Don Haskins and his Texas Western College Basketball Team, which had a majority of African-American players in it, that went to the 1966 NCAA Basketball Final).

Both are exceptionally good movies. If you watch Glory Road watch the end credits as they splice in interviews with the players who played in that 1966 NCAA final and their thoughts on the signifigance of the game.

Can confirm Glory Road is an excellent movie. Wasn't much of a fan of Invincible though.