What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

gUt

Coach
Three Billboards 8/10

Really good film. I had a bunch of complaints about obvious plot holes and impossibilities but remembered it's a comedy so can forgive them in retrospect.

The performances are all excellent and the story is mainly absorbing and poignant.

snoozer

Bench
Bit late I know but just saw "alien - covenant "

Was disappointed after seeing the trailer. Thought it might have been back to the thriller the original was.
My big question was how did bad robot manufacture the alien egg? I thought they only came out of giant aliens(aliens)?
7/10

bileduct

Coach
Bit late I know but just saw "alien - covenant "

Was disappointed after seeing the trailer. Thought it might have been back to the thriller the original was.
My big question was how did bad robot manufacture the alien egg? I thought they only came out of giant aliens(aliens)?
7/10
You were disappointed and still gave it a 7 out of 10? That's awfully generous for a film that was on par with the abominable Alien vs. Predator series.

PJ

First Grade
Another flight with 1 to follow.

So watched shape of water. Wasn't bad but Best Picture. Three Billboards Dumkirk and Coco all better off the top of my head. Visually beautiful but you could have guessed 95% of the story arc from the beginning and relationship between the 2 mains wasn't engaging or believable.

Coco. What a great little kids movie. Really enjoyed it.

PJ

First Grade
Killing of a Sacred Deer. Not sure if I like it or not. Very flat acting across the board, but think that this was done deliberately, though no idea why. Only kept watching as there was SFA else on the plane that I wanted to see. Ended up picking up halfway through and enjoyed the end half. Not for everyone but not bad.

The Foreigner. Jackie Chan revenge thriller that was very good. Hadn't heard much about it but enjoyed.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Killing of a Sacred Deer. Not sure if I like it or not. Very flat acting across the board, but think that this was done deliberately, though no idea why. Only kept watching as there was SFA else on the plane that I wanted to see. Ended up picking up halfway through and enjoyed the end half. Not for everyone but not bad.

The director does some really interesting stuff. He likes to use old stories from Greek Mythology and modernise them.

If you think Killing of a Sacred Deer was weird, watch the Lobster.

azzah72

Bench
Another flight with 1 to follow.

So watched shape of water. Wasn't bad but Best Picture. Three Billboards Dunkirk and Coco all better off the top of my head. Visually beautiful but you could have guessed 95% of the story arc from the beginning and relationship between the 2 mains wasn't engaging or believable.

Coco. What a great little kids movie. Really enjoyed it.

I really enjoyed the shape of water, I think 3 billboard was a better movie but SOW was a better-directed movie.

I think Guillermo deserved the best director but the Best pic was a toss-up.

that, and 3 billboards were the top two of the year, Coco was pretty great as well, might be my favourite since UP.

I love Nolan but Dunkirk was underwhelming, looked and sounded great but just didn't have the punch I thought he might do, weirdly bland for such a nice looking and sounding movie.

PJ

First Grade
I really enjoyed the shape of water, I think 3 billboard was a better movie but SOW was a better-directed movie.

I think Guillermo deserved the best director but the Best pic was a toss-up.

that, and 3 billboards were the top two of the year, Coco was pretty great as well, might be my favourite since UP.

I love Nolan but Dunkirk was underwhelming, looked and sounded great but just didn't have the punch I thought he might do, weirdly bland for such a nice looking and sounding movie.

Don't disagree on Dunkirk, but at least they tried something different. Everything about SOW was predictable to the extreme. And your description of Dunkirk as weirdly bland for such a nice looking and sounding movie is also a perfect description for SOW.

Much prefer to sit through Dunkirk again

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Watched the cloverfield paradox. The mystery of the creature added to the positives of the first movie. Was done well but just doesn’t seem necessary

mongoose

Coach
Annihilation - a lot to unpack but really great concept for a film. The ending when they get to the lighthouse is all kinds of weird and f**ked up. I would have liked to have seen more weird mutations inside the shimmer though.

PJ

First Grade
Annihilation - a lot to unpack but really great concept for a film. The ending when they get to the lighthouse is all kinds of weird and f**ked up. I would have liked to have seen more weird mutations inside the shimmer though.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Also the ending when they finally got there was very predictable.

More of the mutations in the shimmer would have been great. That bear was very creepy.