What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

vvvrulz

Coach
Free Fire - 5/10. Three of my favourites; Sharlto Copley, Cillian Murphy & Armie Hammer locked in a warehouse in an arms deal gone wrong with a whole raft of other armed goons. How could this not be awesome?

Yet it's absolutely terrible, after a great opening setup it just descends into a stupidly long extension of the two minute Reservoir Dogs final shootout. Literally the entire remainder of the movie is the group hiding behind boxes firing occasional shots, while hollering out goofy threats. It descends from nobody wanting a gun fight but being forced their hand (that entertaining irony), to suddenly everyone boringly wanting blood for no reason. Each colourful character and punch line is wasted.

It proves what a great craftsman Tarantino is; he can take a line-up of scumbags, chuck them in a room and create magic.

Life's Good

Coach
Free Fire - 5/10. Three of my favourites; Sharlto Copley, Cillian Murphy & Armie Hammer locked in a warehouse in an arms deal gone wrong with a whole raft of other armed goons. How could this not be awesome?

Yet it's absolutely terrible, after a great opening setup it just descends into a stupidly long extension of the two minute Reservoir Dogs final shootout. Literally the entire remainder of the movie is the group hiding behind boxes firing occasional shots, while hollering out goofy threats. It descends from nobody wanting a gun fight but being forced their hand (that entertaining irony), to suddenly everyone boringly wanting blood for no reason. Each colourful character and punch line is wasted.

It proves what a great craftsman Tarantino is; he can take a line-up of scumbags, chuck them in a room and create magic.

I love your movie reviews mate. You are the Leonard Maltin of this thread.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I'm not usually one for sappy love story movies but I watched "What If" with the wife the other night and have to admit it was surprisingly decent.

Daniel Radcliffe and Zoe Kazan were great leads and there were a few laughs out loud moments.

8/10

Generalzod

Immortal
I know it was pretty much panned by critics but I quite enjoyed Transformers the last knight Action from beginning to end and if you have a home theatre set up this movie rocks.

PJ

First Grade
Ready Player One.

What are rubbish marketing campaign which for mine made this look like a steaming pile of poo.

Was really entertaining, though probably slightly long

Ben Mendelsohn was great again as an asshole

Vic Mackey

Referee
First they killed my father

Disturbing

Have been to Cambodia and been to a lot of the places the atrocities took place . The Mrs read the book but we haven’t been game enough to watch the movie yet. It’s truly horrible what happened.

Pugzley

Avengers: Infinity War. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Please do.....
Of course they would put in a hook for the sequel. Money grabbing merkins.

KFetV-rG_tDyJZjjjwEMuXozEJYP_N26kBbTRRgK4EPolgpDYiSAaS_qBp9SGDScmia1fDvMRGW8_xcu_ZcLvJKkS7mJouGnkwwtdAliDBlFpGBrM9_VDhLN1mzUdRS_=w511-h288-nc

Edit: how does one do spoilers?

Frederick

Staff member
Of course they would put in a hook for the sequel. Money grabbing merkins.

KFetV-rG_tDyJZjjjwEMuXozEJYP_N26kBbTRRgK4EPolgpDYiSAaS_qBp9SGDScmia1fDvMRGW8_xcu_ZcLvJKkS7mJouGnkwwtdAliDBlFpGBrM9_VDhLN1mzUdRS_=w511-h288-nc

Edit: how does one do spoilers?
Well duh, everyone who knows anything about the Marvel cinematic universe knows there are two movies in the infinity war series

PJ

First Grade
Avengers. Infinity War.

Loved the first half, second half got very bored and then the ending was just rubbish and made the first half or more of the next so very predictable.

Way too long

As if they are going to leave those characters dead, particularly Spiderman and Black Panther as well as Drax and Groot. Completely took me out of it and ruined any great emotion to deaths. Next is just going to be setting time back

Preferred Ready Player One

mongoose

Coach
Three Billboards outside Ebbing Missouri - Great movie, has some funny moments even though the premise is very tense and serious.

azzah72

Bench
Avengers IW.

I have been a critic of Marvel movies for a while being lackluster and not taking risks.

They did with this movie and I quite enjoyed it.

It's Thanos' movie through and through and he is a great villian.

Latest posts