What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Like the Beetoota Article

‘Report finds Paul Kelly has been 50ish since 1988’

Ha, at least he has an age to typecast to.

I'm not the only one who has noticed that Tom Cruise is seemingly ageless.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/9/27/16360716/american-made-tom-cruise-shallow

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mummy-time-tom-cruise-act-his-age-1012123

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that Top Gun 2 is in pre-production - I've wanted this movie made for years. I would have even settled for a remake of the first.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Game Night - save this as a last resort if nothing else to watch. It is okay. But not very good.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
San Andreas on FTA.

What did I just watch? A comedy? Yes, but it wasn't funny.

An action movie? Yes, but none of the action was remotely believable.

Probably the worst movie I've seen since "Dante's Peak". No.....they were as bad as each other.

Minus infinity out of ten.

PJ

First Grade
San Andreas on FTA.

Probably the worst movie I've seen since "Dante's Peak". No.....they were as bad as each other.

But as a couple of others have pointed out, a great set of boobies

Generalzod

Immortal
Pitch Black one of Vin Diesel best film one of the best sci films to come out Australia filmed in Cooper pedy

horrie hastings

First Grade
San Andreas on FTA.

WTF was Kylie Minogue's cameo, made no sense but I laughed when she ran out the door then next thing there is a 40 story drop.

vvvrulz

Coach
Mulholland Drive 7+/10 - I say 7+ because I haven't quite figured out where this sits with me.

This is one strange movie, laying it on thick with heavy surrealism and other-worldliness making you question and analyse pretty much everything you see on screen. You'll probably walk away puzzled and trying to recall the details to make sense of it all, but there is a proper tale underneath it all. I got the gist of it but there's probably plenty of little clues I missed.

It's exquisitely shot and directed, Naomi Watts is particularly brilliant especially after contrasting her performance before and after the big turning point.

It's not for everyone, and it's one of those movies you have to commit to.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Jumanji welcome to the jungle. Bit of fun, two actors that basically just play themselves in each movie (the rock, jack black) actually do really well nailing the complete opposites as characters.

vvvrulz

Coach
The Tuxedo 4/10 - A shocker; don't go in expecting your usual carefree Jackie Chan entertainer, this is a disaster. The premise and plot are ridiculous even by Jackie Chan standards, but you can expect his usual comedy & action set-pieces right?

Nope. Unforgivably there's almost no stunts and real kung fu to speak of, we get served a whole lot of crap with wires and CGI, while almost none of the jokes land despite Jackie's ability to make almost anything funny just by talking. How they manage to land him plus real actors like Paul Stomare and Jason Isaacs, I'll never know.

Skip.

azzah72

Bench
Deadpool 2.

Didn't quite have the magic of the first one but still heaps of laughs.

Post credits were quite funny too.

Latest posts