What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Phrases and Words Make You See Red?

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Culture....sick of hearing this word....and Ikin,Kent,Anasta,Gasnier using the term "best on ground",it's an AFL award for fooks sake

When Ray Warren says 'mark' after a player catches the ball.

It doesn't even make sense because in AFL it is a 'mark' because the player marks the spot with his catch of the ball. This does not even happen in our game.

Typically lazy commentary he has engaged in during his overrated career.

Barkley

Bench
People that tell you they have a "High Pain Threshold".

These people cry about a little paper cut, apparently paper cuts can really hurt, I wouldn't know because I have a high pain threshold.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Not sure if this has been mentioned before?

In rugby league commentary:

"Oh... he's made an absolute meal of it!"

Or:

"_______ (Halfback insert name here) With the loose head and feed" FMD!

In work related life (during meetings)

You usually hear management saying stuff like:

"Let's take a pro-active approach"

Or:

"The way forward being"

Parra

Referee
Loose head and feed is such a throwback. Right up there with wing-three-quarter or fresh reserve.

Pretty sure these are all related to a specific dinosaur.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Two recent viruses that have infected the LU forums, especially since the finals started.

EAD.

Taste/smell the anus of defeat.

Pommy

Coach
People who talk like they're American, my number one gripe being math its maths you f**kwit.
I could care less, what does this even mean?
Girls who talk like 'me and this guy were making out in the back of a minicab',you were getting fingered in a taxi.

Last edited:

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
People who talk like they're American, my number one gripe being math its maths you f**kwit.
It's strange how people who have been in the United States of Arrogance pick up the accent in their fifteen minutes of fame.

Back in the 1980s, I worked with a Scottish dude who was in his mid 60s. He had the broadest Scottish accent ever, but amazingly, he moved to Australia when he was three.

Life's Good

Coach
What has happened to the simple greeting on talkback radio or in person??

Talkback radio - 'How are we'? Not sure about the collective you d*ckhead but as an individual I am fine.

In person - 'How are you' ? Which is immediately returned with a 'How are you'?. No, I asked you first so don't answer my question with your question. Answer me first and then inquire about my wellbeing.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
What has happened to the simple greeting on talkback radio or in person??

Talkback radio - 'How are we'? Not sure about the collective you d*ckhead but as an individual I am fine.

In person - 'How are you' ? Which is immediately returned with a 'How are you'?. No, I asked you first so don't answer my question with your question. Answer me first and then inquire about my wellbeing.
Just an expansion on this.

People who start answering a question by reiterating the question shit me to tears.

Latest posts