What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Phrases and Words Make You See Red?

Bazal

Post Whore
"it's a nonsense"

No it isn't.

It's nonsense.

Jabberwocky is a nonsense poem. English 1, senses 0 :p

Also, it boggles my mind that there are people who don't understand the concept of a "near miss", or the idea that you can almost miss something. I feel like my brain will melt if I go back any further.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Jabberwocky is a nonsense poem. English 1, senses 0 :p

Also, it boggles my mind that there are people who don't understand the concept of a "near miss", or the idea that you can almost miss something. I feel like my brain will melt if I go back any further.
That's a very specific usage.

I'm referring to politicians and the like saying something "is a nonsense".

Blues Riff

Bench
DUSTIFICATION
It's a new word invented by Dr Judy Wood. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but those exposed steel columns turning to dust are pretty hard to unsee.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...CA4C991C3F48A7149CFDCA4C991C3F48A&FORM=VRDGAR

What are your thoughts?

Edit- OK so it's been moved to the "phrases and words" thread. I would have thought it was a worthy subject in it's own right. Opinions on these subjects are so polarising and radical when being debated by Americans. I was interested to read the opinions of rational Aussie footy fans. I have no firm opinions so far. Thanks.

Last edited:

kdalymc

Bench
When you start a sentence with when, but it’s just a statement...
Has got to be the most overused stupid thing of 2017..

“When your dad makes your bed”

The next Greg Inglis

What we want more blokes stopping self harm

Anything that smug merkin Seth McFarlane says, him and his shit eating grin

Millennials as told by baby boomers

Those smug merkins ruined the world with pollution and dare use phrases like 'it's always been this way' as if archaic methodology is always better than the new idea