What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the hell are Parramatta thinking....

Mambo

Juniors
....signing South Sydney rejects?

Wade McKinnon
Fui Fui Moi Moi
Jovan Clarke
Wise Kativerata
and possibly Jamie Fitzgerald

Its going to be a long, long season for Parramatta in premier league next year with this bunch of rabble pulling on blue and gold. Way to waste some more money Fitzy!

Misty Bee

First Grade
McKinnon could be a good buy -- however picking the eyes out of Souths premier league sie isn't a sure fire way to win a comp, is it!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Misty Bee said:
McKinnon could be a good buy -- however picking the eyes out of Souths premier league sie isn't a sure fire way to win a comp, is it!

Mc Kinnon is a First Division player.......his performances for Souths have been utter pathetic and an embarrasment.......he's just a First Division player and nothing else!!,

He's know 23.....Can't even make First Grade with Souths......Souths are Wooden Spooners......= First Division player.....will never be a Success in RL!!, i hope he's done a trade!!

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Given the coaching staff at Souths, how can anyone say that any of their players are crap? Have any Souths players really played to their full potential?

Until you see how they go at a professional outfit, don't be so quick to judge them.

Souths seem to have very little clue about their own talent. They keep moving players between NRL and prems without real reason. I'd like to see a game between their NRL team and their prems team. I wouldn't be surprised if the prems team wins.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I was just thinking that. Souths have a habit of getting rid of great talent. Hill, Dymock, Roberts, Davidson, Sedaris, Field, Wing, et al.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Misty Bee said:
I was just thinking that. Souths have a habit of getting rid of great talent. Hill, Dymock, Roberts, Davidson, Sedaris, Field, Wing, et al.

You mean Souths have a habit for there great talent being poached!!, they never wanted to loose any of these players!!

Mambo

Juniors
eels2win said:
Given the coaching staff at Souths, how can anyone say that any of their players are crap? Have any Souths players really played to their full potential?

Bryan Fletcher comes to mind. He's been in better form for Souths than he was in at Easts.

midas

Juniors
I hadn,t heard about Joven Clarke either-are you sure that,s right?
I would be prepared to give Mc Kinnon another go -he was a top-class youngster when he left,surely Souths couldn,t have stuffed him up completely.
Of the others,Kativerata only left the Dragons earlier this season and now Souths have released him-doesn,t sound too good.
Haven,t seen Moi Moi-but who has?
Curioser and curioser.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Northwest Rabbit said:
eels2win said:
Bryan Fletcher comes to mind. He's been in better form for Souths than he was in at Easts.

When he was at Easts he was a first choice selection for NSW and Australia. He now relies on injuries to other players to get a call up.

While admire the courage he's shown in his captain's knock at Souths, I still stand by assertion that he has not played to his full potential at Souths and could perhaps do better at another club (although his pay packet would need to be reduced).

not all of these players would be full timers, we have to remember that. People bagging us out for signing Premier League players have to remember that - shock horror - we also have a PL side to run too!

On top of that, how many times has Smith pulled has-beens, or never-will-bes, and turned them into decent, if not starring, First-Grade players?

I'll wait to see em in 04 before i start bagging them or the Club. I think even taking these players out we will have a decent 20-ish squad of good first grade players to rely on, and based on that I wouldn't mind the rest sitting in PL, espe4cially considering I also do my best to follow the PL squad as well

bazza

Immortal
Back at St George, Brian Smith did something similar in the mid 90s when he brought a whole bunch of no-names that were struggling to make it with the ever losing Gold Coast team.

A couple of them were Wayne Bartrim and Kevin Campion

Ron Jeremy

Coach
bazza said:
Back at St George, Brian Smith did something similar in the mid 90s when he brought a whole bunch of no-names that were struggling to make it with the ever losing Gold Coast team.

A couple of them were Wayne Bartrim and Kevin Campion

Im sure Campion was brought down by David Waite in 96 & Bartrim was already considered a player of great potential when he left the Gold Coast for the Dragons......he actually didn't wan't to go at first but eventually he decided to fullfill his obligation!!,

Look Brian has done alright with some players but???.....there have been some terrible failures aswell

eg Paul Cariage, Ben Kusto :lol:

glamour_eel

Juniors
Are you the same guy, that comes out every year and draws conclusions from our signings before they've even played a single game for Parra?

I bet you said...

...in 2001 that Jason Taylor was past his use by date and
...in 2001 we wouldnt make the finals because we'd lost Smith, Dymock
...that Dykes would be the missing link in our quest for a premiership

The players that we've signed from Souths are jumping off an already sinking ship. Most will struggly to hold down positions in first division, but they will be rewarded for good work and thats all we should be thinking about. And it's been mentioned but Paul Langmack wouldnt exactly work wonders for your career.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
glamour_eel said:
Are you the same guy, that comes out every year and draws conclusions from our signings before they've even played a single game for Parra?

I bet you said...

...in 2001 that Jason Taylor was past his use by date and
...in 2001 we wouldnt make the finals because we'd lost Smith, Dymock
...that Dykes would be the missing link in our quest for a premiership

The players that we've signed from Souths are jumping off an already sinking ship. Most will struggly to hold down positions in first division, but they will be rewarded for good work and thats all we should be thinking about. And it's been mentioned but Paul Langmack wouldnt exactly work wonders for your career.

Now Now......you know that's BS!!, i was applauding the signing of Taylor...i thought it was a great cheap signing....believe me!!,.

As for Dymock??, i was counting the day's befor he left.....couldn't stand the sight of the over paid under achiever!!,

People might disagree with me on this but?? i think Dymock was so overated it wasn't funny!!, for every good pass he threw he'd throw 100 shockers!!!,

Was disapointed when Smith left......he was class!!

The Colonel

Immortal
Wade McKinnon - was a good player before he left and was mishandled. Smith wanted him to stay and spend one more year in reggies. Instead Coleman raced him straight into first grade and the first time he did something wrong was dropped. Not good for confidence

Fui Fui Moi Moi - Not sure about this bloke - could be an astute buy with the right amount of training. I have doubts he will be anywhere near first grade next year but watch out 2005.

Joven Clarke - too smal and doubt very much he is coming back to Parramatta

Wise Kativerata - Souths were p$%#ed when they found out he had signed with the Eels. No one had spoken to him for a few weeks so his manager spoke to the Eels - when he told them they produced a contract for twice what he was on and had signed on with the Eels.

Jamie Fitzgerald - spent most of the year injured. Was unlucky to have left the Dragons - good player who will probably make up the numbers in the reggies.

Smith was indeed class, RJ! A good player when he arrived here, and one of the best 3 in the world when he left.

Must disagree about Jimmy tho. Possibly the most lethal kicking combination in 2000 was Dymock-Richards...damn they put on some sweet tries. One of the reasons I think Patty has had a bit of a slide since 2000 was because (along with injuries of course) he didn't have Jimmy's kicks to run off.

But aside from his talent, Jimmy was always good for a laugh:

Ref: My touchie is telling me you were the instigator, Jim....
Dymock: yeah, I smashed him, sir!

lol, gotta love that kinda stuff!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hollywood Jesus said:
Smith was indeed class, RJ! A good player when he arrived here, and one of the best 3 in the world when he left.

Must disagree about Jimmy tho. Possibly the most lethal kicking combination in 2000 was Dymock-Richards...damn they put on some sweet tries. One of the reasons I think Patty has had a bit of a slide since 2000 was because (along with injuries of course) he didn't have Jimmy's kicks to run off.

But aside from his talent, Jimmy was always good for a laugh:

Ref: My touchie is telling me you were the instigator, Jim....
Dymock: yeah, I smashed him, sir!

lol, gotta love that kinda stuff!

Yeah Smith was our gun!!.........what a great player!!

Yeah i remember the Dymock..Richards combination in 2000 it was great, i think it's fair to say Richards injuries have really played apart with his present form!!

Maybe i didn't word it aswell as i should off......Dymock was alright but?? for the price tag he didn't deliver as much as he should off......i actually thought when Dymock moved to hooker in late 2000 i saw the best off him....he was great for us in the semi's that year!!

Yeah that quote was gold :lol: :lol:

I swear we woulda won in 2000 if Smithy didn't get suspended. I mean, look at what we did without him!

He was my favourite player since Galbraith and I was cut down bad when he got suspended for something that at most deserved maybe 3 weeks

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hollywood Jesus said:
I swear we woulda won in 2000 if Smithy didn't get suspended. I mean, look at what we did without him!

He was my favourite player since Galbraith and I was cut down bad when he got suspended for something that at most deserved maybe 3 weeks

I agree!!, we needed another attacking option in the semi against Brisbane....at the time Moran & Kelly where the difference but?? if Smith was there the rest would of been history....sorley missed & didn't recieve the send off that he should of gotten!!

Stu Gailbraith???........your struggling :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , it could be worse..Ryan Schofield or Bill Greentree :lol: :lol:

My favourite all time Parra player is Scott Mahon.......what a great player :D

Latest posts