What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What was all this derby fuss about?

weasel

First Grade
I have a confession to make. It's hard for me to come clean but I need to get this out- I was really worried about this game.

Ok, ok. With the comparitive form of the two sides you wouldn't have wanted to tip anything but a dragons victory. But the forum has been abuzz with Sharks fans talking this weekend up, as if it was destined to be the moment where we were brought back to earth. But it wasn't.

We are for real this year. Our forwardpack is superb. Gasnier and Cooper combine to make the most lethal centre pairing in the league. Hornby must be one of the most reliable fullbacks in the comp, even if he often goes about his work in a no-frills manner. Tonight he showed he can turn it up a notch when he needs to. A top four finish must surely be the least we can expect from this year, anything else would be a failure. I'm starting to believe again.

I don't think the Sharks looked all that bad. They were awful to start this year but their form these past few weeks makes me think they're a strong chance to make the top eight. But tonight they were simply outplayed by a real premiership contender. Go the dragons!

Saint 60

Juniors
Hahaha i thought we were in a bit of trouble - Blacklock hijacks a ball ---

Hornby \\:D/ awesome

Biglance

Bench
there was no atmosphere at shark park

sharks didnt play bad we were just way too good

Rise Against

weasel said:
We are for real this year. Our forwardpack is superb. Gasnier and Cooper combine to make the most lethal centre pairing in the league.

I am a bulldogs supporter and have said that since day one.. yet no one would belive me. Its awesome to see gasnier fit and healthy.. and playing superb footy.. what scares me more.. you have two Internationals out to come back into the team :?

SaintTPP

First Grade
I can't beleive how dull, the ground is!! No atmosphere what so ever....those sharks fans should be ashamed of themselves. Pathetic!

chili pepper

Bench
weasel said:
I have a confession to make. It's hard for me to come clean but I need to get this out- I was really worried about this game.

Ok, ok. With the comparitive form of the two sides you wouldn't have wanted to tip anything but a dragons victory. But the forum has been abuzz with Sharks fans talking this weekend up, as if it was destined to be the moment where we were brought back to earth. But it wasn't.

We are for real this year. Our forwardpack is superb. Gasnier and Cooper combine to make the most lethal centre pairing in the league. Hornby must be one of the most reliable fullbacks in the comp, even if he often goes about his work in a no-frills manner. Tonight he showed he can turn it up a notch when he needs to. A top four finish must surely be the least we can expect from this year, anything else would be a failure. I'm starting to believe again.

I don't think the Sharks looked all that bad. They were awful to start this year but their form these past few weeks makes me think they're a strong chance to make the top eight. But tonight they were simply outplayed by a real premiership contender. Go the dragons!

Can't fault your assessment weasel - just hope I don't run into you tomorrow wearing your red and white - I've suffered enough tonight. :lol:

Southernsaint

Staff member
Biglance said:
there was no atmosphere at shark park

sharks didnt play bad we were just way too good

You obviosuly weren't on the Northern Hill last night, it was packed with Red & White, a little slice of Jubilee in the Heathen Shire...

"na na, na na na na, hey hey, GOODBYE!!"

Cheers,
Ben S.

No atmosphere! I thought the game was good, especially at the start. Towards the end I admit it died down but I kno I wasnt into it to much once u guys got 18 - 0 up on the board, I was just sitting in shock!