What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What we need to do before the finals

Minh

First Grade
Enjoy the ride...support the team and appreciate what has really been a remarkable turnaround.....

Simon

Juniors
1. Give a few juniors a couple of games in First grade

This is not kids football. They have to earn their spot, not just be given a spot because it's their turn for a go. Who do you drop to give a junior a go when we're winning. We should be picking our best 17 each week to win and whoever is in the best 17 available gets the spot. I'm sick of reading the 'give juniors a go BS'. It's not how a professional environment works.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
This is not kids football. They have to earn their spot, not just be given a spot because it's their turn for a go. Who do you drop to give a junior a go when we're winning. We should be picking our best 17 each week to win and whoever is in the best 17 available gets the spot. I'm sick of reading the 'give juniors a go BS'. It's not how a professional environment works.
Yes thank goodness we didn't give Bird a chance. What a mistake that would have been.

possm

Coach
2. Find a half back that can Kick to corners to create contest - that why we got McDonald.
3. Fix the Centre/Wing defence situation.
4. Get Dugan to Join the back line running back inside.
5. Get halves to through cutout passes more regularly to stop the defence lines
6. Build a strategy to best use Bench eg Don't change players at half time - they just had a 10-minute break.

1. Test juniors for first grade selection consideration by giving them time in first grade off the bench - Dufty, Field, Lawrie and Leilua, Kerr Host and Sele have already demonstrated their suitability for first grade selection.
2. Test Mann and Nona in the first grade halfback position. It is clear McCrone is a very ordinary halfback and we need a half who can step it up a few notches.
3. Instruct the right side not to rush in unless there is cover pre-arranged to defend the edges. Wings stays on his man and the fullback moves to fill the centre's space. Left winger moves to cover fullback's regular space.
5. I believe Dugs has been trying to do this but let's face it, he will never be as smooth as other fullbacks in this area.
5. I think shorter passes with players in motion are a safer solution. I can see the risk of intercepts occurring.
6. Don't be stuck in the mud with respect to bench management. There will be some games when it would be better having 4 forwards on the bench and at other times to have a utility back on the bench. On each occasion we should have a prospective junior on the bench so that when players become unavailable through rep/injury, replacements have been tested for first grade suitability.

Anything else?

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Figure out a way to get Hunt released to us this year within the next 23 days.
There would have to be a major issue at Brisbane if they were even considering this. Bennett would never willingly reduce his own options whilst significantly strengthening one of his opponents. If it did happen we would jump up the betting market for 2017 overnight.

jay mac

Juniors
We're coming 3rd with the worst part of the draw behind us.
Has anyone noticed how nice our draw is for the second half of the season? Of the 13 rounds remaining, we only play 3 games against current top 8 sides. We do not play any of the current top 4 again.

Wauchope Dragon

Juniors
Good thread. Big focus for me is fix the awful last tackle kicks and wide defence. Poor reads and numbering up. All up really pleased. Need to keep winning the games against mid to low table teams. Go the dragons.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
2. Find a half back that can Kick to corners to create contest - that why we got McDonald.
3. Fix the Centre/Wing defence situation.
4. Get Dugan to Join the back line running back inside.
5. Get halves to through cutout passes more regularly to stop the defence lines
6. Build a strategy to best use Bench eg Don't change players at half time - they just had a 10-minute break.

Anything else?
Work on your point 2.....its no use anybody kicking to McDonalds corner unless he contests the ball....and by that I mean catch it ...I think from memory hes caught 1 this year the rest have been touches or air swings

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Work on your point 2.....its no use anybody kicking to McDonalds corner unless he contests the ball....and by that I mean catch it ...I think from memory hes caught 1 this year the rest have been touches or air swings

The mckrone kicking for contesting around the goal line, he just doesn't kick it high enough to allow the chasers to time their runs. A bit more air, and they can compete.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Totally disagree if you are a forward thinking coach and your half back is slightly down on form ala Bennett and Ben hunt then send him (mcgroan) to Reggie's. And throw field in. But as I said you need a forward thinking coach

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Bennet is playing his mind games again to motivate his own players - he is the master at getting the most out of players and this is his brush. Belief in new young kid, has benji starting to fire and now has Ben fired up. He has he perfect options - young, mid and old hands all fighting.

We have mccrone and mcidiot.

Crush

Coach
I think they need to play to win for the full 80 minutes. I still think they are guilty of trying to defend a lead and just hang on for the win when they are in front.
To be playing finals footy they need to continue trying to score in the 70th minute when they have a 10 point lead.
They nearly lost to tigers last week because they put the que in the rack.

Crush

Coach
Mary wont give our young speedsters a go until the touchy's and refs can keep up with them.
Archer needs to promote faster refs, preferably from the St George Illawarra region.

Sharp Shoes
Hey Sharp Shoes!
Do you know what happened to your cousin Sharp Shooter?
I heard he cracked the shits with Dousty and now supports Storm!
If you see him tell him I say Gday!

ALSGI

Bench
Hey Sharp Shoes!
Do you know what happened to your cousin Sharp Shooter?
I heard he cracked the shits with Dousty and now supports Storm!
If you see him tell him I say Gday!
Crush,
I just want you, other posters and the media to respect our family's provocations at this difficult time.

Sharp Shoes

Crush

Coach
Crush,
I just want you, other posters and the media to respect our family's provocations at this difficult time.

Sharp Shoes
Understood Sharp Shoes.
Our thoughts are with Sharp Shooter and family and we pray that he comes out the other side and comes back to the Red V where he belongs.
It must be very hard for you.....Melbourne Storm of all clubs....
I am sorry.

ALSGI

Bench
Understood Sharp Shoes.
Our thoughts are with Sharp Shooter and family and we pray that he comes out the other side and comes back to the Red V where he belongs.
It must be very hard for you.....Melbourne Storm of all clubs....
I am sorry.
Thanks Crush, it's been hard on sister Sharp Hooters, but the rest of us think he'll look sharp in purple.