What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Would You Like To See In A Rugby League Channel?

mickdo

Coach
LJK said:
With Digital tv on a Sunday arvo can u watch 3 or 4 games at once being played at the same time splitting the TV into quaters?
It would be nice, but probably won't happen. They just couldnt afford the production costs. More than likely you would just get different camera angles from the same game.

Razor

Coach
nospam49 said:
By the way, is C7 still going? I thought it basically closed down.

C7 did shut down, but it was 100% owned and operated by the Seven network so they are still labeling the Olympic channel with C7.

Razor said:
nospam49 said:
By the way, is C7 still going? I thought it basically closed down.

C7 did shut down, but it was 100% owned and operated by the Seven network so they are still labeling the Olympic channel with C7.

Whats this olympic channel all about?

{Duh nospam49, how about da olimpix!}

Is it pay per view like Main Event channel or can you just add it during the Olympics for a fee.....and whats the fee. :)

DIEHARD

----
Pigskin said:
an exact replica of the Fox Footy channel (AFL) would do me fine

Oink !

24/7 NRL, Im against it. People must get sick of 24/7 AFL. The magic must rub off it. I say you need to balance it with QRL, NSWRL and RSL games. As well as internationals. For a buffet of Rugby League action.

mono_mal

Juniors
a League channel in my opinion would be a great initiative and could showcase games from the following competitions:
National Rugby League
Rugby Super League
Queensland Cup
Premier League
Jim Beam Cup
Bartercard Cup
Elite One
As well as televising all internationals and international competitions such as the following:
Victory Cup
Medditeranean Cup
Euro Nations Cup
Tri Series
Pacific Cup
We definately have enough support and enough content for a channel to be established.
I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what happens in coming years.

Diehard said:
Pigskin said:
an exact replica of the Fox Footy channel (AFL) would do me fine

Oink !

24/7 NRL, Im against it. People must get sick of 24/7 AFL. The magic must rub off it. I say you need to balance it with QRL, NSWRL and RSL games. As well as internationals. For a buffet of Rugby League action.

Thats a great point. You dont want to over saturate the market with your product.

Thats another reason to not have it on 24/7.

I think you'd find clubs would be willing to have the channel on all the time. But I think you have to mix things up and that why I wouldnt just make its a lovey dovey fan channel.

If you have games mixed in with basically TV coaching clinics and serious shows....it would be a nice mix.

90% of the games show would hopefully be the games played in the week previous. Throw in a couple of classic matches a week....but dont just show football games all day every day. It would get boring.

Underdog

Juniors
Has anyone seen those NFL Films on the Superbowl, greatest players, etc?

I reckon if they starting putting together programming similar based on rugby league it would rock!

Especially based on State of Origin and Grand Finals.

Godz Illa

Coach
NFL Films is wonderful entertainment. Even when you have no idea who the hell they are talking about, it is riveting stuff. I'd love to see something that good made here, with an NRL focus.

ibeme

First Grade
Overnight they could just program it like the ABC does with RAGE. Just play a highlights reel that shows all of the hits, collisions, moments of brilliance, flukes etc. like they do on the big screen in some nightclubs. It'd be a good channel to put on with the sound down if you were having a party.

Paullyboy

Coach
PB said:
I liked your ideas. How about this one....

What about a program that is like a "reality rugby league show". The VFL kind of did one a couple of years ago.
Create a team and put them in the Jim Beam cup or something. Hire coaching staff and admin people. Players then try out to join the team. Camera's then follow the team through the in's and out's of the season. from the training paddock, to the selection table, to the players houses on the morning of a big game. it is all complied into a show once or twice a week. During that show the public get to vote on things. one week it might be, "who should captain the side in their next match", or "which player should drop out of the first grade side to give "Macca a run". That sort of thing.

I think that sounds absolutely brilliant, it would be an all new spin on the reality TV concept that might actually prove popular - they would have to make sure they didnt get carried away though and start throwing in reward challenges or evictions from the team

Paullyboy said:
PB said:
I liked your ideas. How about this one....

What about a program that is like a "reality rugby league show". The VFL kind of did one a couple of years ago.
Create a team and put them in the Jim Beam cup or something. Hire coaching staff and admin people. Players then try out to join the team. Camera's then follow the team through the in's and out's of the season. from the training paddock, to the selection table, to the players houses on the morning of a big game. it is all complied into a show once or twice a week. During that show the public get to vote on things. one week it might be, "who should captain the side in their next match", or "which player should drop out of the first grade side to give "Macca a run". That sort of thing.

I think that sounds absolutely brilliant, it would be an all new spin on the reality TV concept that might actually prove popular - they would have to make sure they didnt get carried away though and start throwing in reward challenges or evictions from the team

Have it at Souths and make the reward being kicked out. :lol:

Paullyboy

Coach
Well if it was at souths they could devote 90% of each week's show to how Terry Hill is recovering from his latest injury.

dimitri

First Grade
mono_mal said:
a League channel in my opinion would be a great initiative and could showcase games from the following competitions:
National Rugby League
Rugby Super League
Queensland Cup
Premier League
Jim Beam Cup
Bartercard Cup
Elite One
As well as televising all internationals and international competitions such as the following:
Victory Cup
Medditeranean Cup
Euro Nations Cup
Tri Series
Pacific Cup
We definately have enough support and enough content for a channel to be established.
I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what happens in coming years.

thats an excellent mix

and would make a great league channel

Bengal

Juniors
Tongue in cheek (but it could still work) a Rugby League:

Survivor
Idol
Amazing Race
Changing Rooms (as earlier mentioned)
Big Brother no scratch that one!
etc etc
Otherwise good stuff nospam49 8)

zulu

Juniors
I would love to see time devoted to the Queensland Cup on a league channel. Two games and a preview/review show.

Gotta have more QLD Cup on telly especially for league fans not living in QLD like me.

Latest posts