What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's a Send-Off and what's a Penalty Try

Rob Dragon

Juniors
Clearly detest the Melbourne Storm but if the Soliola hit on Slater is not a send off then I am not sure what is?

Clearly love Tyson but if that is not a penalty try then I am not sure what is?

I am not very bright so can someone please respond letting me know what that the Bunker is being used for?

Rugby Union got it right in the 2nd All Black v Lions test. SBW shoulder chargers the Lions winger hitting in the head. Play is stopped; the ref's confer with the vide ref and SBW is sent off. In the last 3 weeks I have asked 10 AB's supporters what they thought of the decision (and remember the AB's lost that Test) and they all agreed that SBW had to go.

Is it really that hard to get right? Talking about an amateur sham of a game!

Union refs are professional.
They call the player by the number, not a nick name.
The captain gets called 'captain', not 'Cameron can you come here please'?
Scrums are still scrums.
Need I go on.
I'm a Dragons tragic....but I'm losing interest in league.
I watched a game from the early 90's the other day, wow it was great. They were players, footballers with skills not athletes who were trying to be footballers. What a great game it was.
I could go on but.... The 2nd half is on.
Later fellow sufferers :grinning:

Brutalitops

Juniors
In no way is that a penalty try. That's usually reserved for uncontested loose balls

You just can't say he wouldn't have fumbled, or been tackled if Burgess left it half a second. Also to be honest the pass wasn't really going at him so it was lucky for us

Dragon for life

Juniors
Union refs are professional.
They call the player by the number, not a nick name.
The captain gets called 'captain', not 'Cameron can you come here please'?
Scrums are still scrums.
Need I go on.
I'm a Dragons tragic....but I'm losing interest in league.
I watched a game from the early 90's the other day, wow it was great. They were players, footballers with skills not athletes who were trying to be footballers. What a great game it was.
I could go on but.... The 2nd half is on.
Later fellow sufferers :grinning:
Agree with your comments from earlier era's. I watched one from the 80's. Have a look at the ruck. That player gets tackled and the tacklers immediately release and the player gets up and plays the ball. None of this shite, wrestling for 5 mins. It was such a better game to watch. Better then the pridictable crap that we watch these days. 5 tackles and boot the ball.

Bench
JDB played the ball off the mark and the ref just gives him another go. Once that was a penalty.
Scrums if I can use that term for games now are a joke. Bring back the scrum where it was a contest.

Latest posts