What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHAT'S SO FUNNY JACK ??

JDHD

Juniors
Debellin has been a leading culprit for slipping standards for a long while now.

Has anyone notice how he dwardles back when the side has the ball following a kick from the opposition?

No urgency, extremely poor leadership.

I can imagine what Bennett would do with him....it wouldn’t be pretty.

JDB can barely walk atm, he needs to be rested.

Gareth67

First Grade
Very well said, GA,

I'm not a fair-weathered fan but l had to turn off the tv at halftime.
I couldn't stomach anymore of such a pathetic performance.

The biggest issue l have is that if we were a crap team and played crap all year, I wouldn't have any real expectation BUT ................with our team leading the comp for most of the year, along with having so many rep players and so called stars in it, to see another week of such poor quality league, it just told me that either the players don't give a toss about the club or the fans or the coach has lost the players respect.

I'm hoping its just the latter. ( which can be sorted out )

You snuck back in though and switched the tele on in the 2nd half just to see if they could do the impossible and come screaming back and finally win the game . As I did on a number of occasions - aren’t we suckers for punishment ?

But as you have said OKB1 they certainly gave the impression that they didn’t really care
and what about the basic mistakes the players made , honestly they were nothing more than an embarrassment to the jersey , club and the die hard fans . We all fully realize now that the maestro simply cannot turn the team around and as I said after last weeks lost to the Warriors , I cannot see the Dragons winning another match .

As far as Mary is concerned we shall not only be stuck with him in 2019 but also have a team that will not be going anywhere , that hurts me to say that but we all must face reality when it hits you straight in the face with the force of a cricket bat .

There are only 2 very remote possibilities that would remedy the St.George Illawarra teams situation - the Joint Venture finally acquires a new owner with the necessary funds and clout to rid the club of the cobwebs that infest the boardroom or for Paul McGregor himself to understand that although he gave coaching his all , he is simply not good enough to take the Dragons to a premiership and resigns with grace at the end of this season.

True_Believer

Juniors
There are only 2 very remote possibilities that would remedy the St.George Illawarra teams situation - the Joint Venture finally acquires a new owner with the necessary funds and clout to rid the club of the cobwebs that infest the boardroom.

Strange things are afoot...

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
You snuck back in though and switched the tele on in the 2nd half just to see if they could do the impossible and come screaming back and finally win the game . As I did on a number of occasions - aren’t we suckers for punishment ?

But as you have said OKB1 they certainly gave the impression that they didn’t really care
and what about the basic mistakes the players made , honestly they were nothing more than an embarrassment to the jersey , club and the die hard fans . We all fully realize now that the maestro simply cannot turn the team around and as I said after last weeks lost to the Warriors , I cannot see the Dragons winning another match .

As far as Mary is concerned we shall not only be stuck with him in 2019 but also have a team that will not be going anywhere , that hurts me to say that but we all must face reality when it hits you straight in the face with the force of a cricket bat .

There are only 2 very remote possibilities that would remedy the St.George Illawarra teams situation - the Joint Venture finally acquires a new owner with the necessary funds and clout to rid the club of the cobwebs that infest the boardroom or for Paul McGregor himself to understand that although he gave coaching his all , he is simply not good enough to take the Dragons to a premiership and resigns with grace at the end of this season.

Gareth67,

I’ve always held the view that people can make things happen if they really want something...... l’ve proved it to myself many times over the years.

I would genuinely like to see ALL Dragons supporters protest to the club by not turning up to a game.

Think about it, if everybody stayed at home and there were no Saints fans there at the ground, the board would react immediately.

The old adage of ‘Safety in numbers’ would ring true.

I have no other beef with McGregor other than his total lack of coaching ability x 3 years.

We can make it happen, we just need numbers.

blacksafake

First Grade
I'm sure he's not 100% right.
I remember L plate saying that he spoke to Jack about having a rest & was told that he wanted to continue playing.L plate said he couldn't force him to rest.What a load of BS, you're the so called bloody coach "you" decide who plays not the player.Just maybe they are being forced to play & some players are now really struggling because of this which is a reason that it looks like they are not trying.It could also be a reason for the bonding session last week to try & get said players back on side.
I also noticed after the game the other night he appeared to storm off the field & up the tunnel in a bad frame.Just an observation & I'm probably way off the mark.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
For anyone who watched the Press conference(I would have hit something if I did)can you tell me, was there an apology to the fans of any sort? Did he or Widdop say sorry for what they dished up?
He said that everyone in the club was upset with the loss. Hence the reason why I created this thread. Just to show how shattered everyone was. Can’t remember hearing an apology of sorts.

Vinnie

Juniors
Surely it's time for some changes, for F@#@s sake when are they gonna happen ??? AItken, Lafai need to visit ISP asap, McInnes could use some time there as well, Perreira is not a first grade player probably struggle to make run on team in most other ISP teams let alone NRL. We have no backline at the moment Dufty no service (can't blame him for that) but other than speed needs some serious help !!!! Caoching staff you guys watching and listening ???? Latimore why is he even here ??

Should i go on, maybe not i'll be here all night !

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
View attachment 22355
Dumb and Dumber 3: The Dragons Years
He said that everyone in the club was upset with the loss. Hence the reason why I created this thread. Just to show how shattered everyone was. Can’t remember hearing an apology of sorts.
Mate I dont think he will ever apologise to us supporters for two reasons....firstly as far as he's concerned hes not responsible for our poor performsnces hence the ongoing excuses.......and secondly and most importantly he knows 99% of us dont approve of him as our coach.......end of story

Latest posts