What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's unfolding on twitter?

deal.with.it

Juniors
Just a bit of dialogue which is going on on twitter. Sounds like the RLIF is becoming involved.
The mention of a 'Peter', i would assume is Peter Illfield - chairman of the USARL and coach of the Fight.
Says that the RLIF chairman has a boyhood relationship with Peter.
Looks like things could be turning. Steve mascord did report that the RLIF would be working out the rebel comps in US and Italy. Might actually be happening. And they refer to the RLIF chairman? He's that Kiwi guy? Not Tas Bateiri? Someone else doing some work? I'm shocked!

Mike Camac

What the rlif is doing is illegal! You want a organization full of nobodies involved in internationals? Than they should have never left!

The fact that the rlif chairman is worried about blogs is a joke. How about the body of work of the @amnrl? Your requests are because you

Have a boyhood relationship with Peter and it will expose you and take the international games backwards. All over a guy who has always been

A douchebag everywhere he has been! @amnrl will expose the truth.

@davidniu7 @amnrl can't believe the rlif would even link themselves with such an individual! The rugby league community won't let it happen

@davidniu7 the rlif hasnt helped for years. We make the @RLWC2013 and now they want to make up rules! #sad It is a travesty. #joke

Go back to Australia Peter! Stay there. Leave the game of rugby league alone Thanks for everything! Love, Mike

Vassy
tired of the RLIF giving the AMNRL the run around.All we've done is win and do what we've said we were going to do,no lies,all transparancy.
Time for some people to get told the real story and from people who have been involved with this mickey mouse comp over here...
Instead of encouraging and being happy for Dave Niu and the AMNRL for making the world cup, we get threatened with not being involved....
I'm fed up with this shit and how my mates get treated, I'm about ready to walk away without any regrets,thx for the opportunities Niuy....

David Niu
@mikecamac Tell em Mikey!! :) The truth will set them free!

@mikecamac lets go @AMNRL Wait and see our @USATomahawks excel at the #RLWC2013

@mikecamac Onward and upward! No stopping us!!@mikecamac we'll do what we always do mate. Keep giving the game a chance to develop in America...good people....hard working volunteers

Evil Homer

Staff member
Awesome, if the RLIF have moved in then this has proved them to be completely justified. Pretty obvious that these people are in no way appropriate to be running a national sporting team. Hopefully the RLIF follow through and these hypocrites are removed from power.

billy2

Juniors
Throwing oil on this fire is only harming the sport of RL.

I can't believe people think self destruction is the way to go..

The two sides need to come together and build on what has been achieved so far - not have a bitter fight to the death where up to half the people doing the work in America walk away from the game.

It isn't shooting ourselves in the foot - it's shooting ourselves in the head.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Throwing oil on this fire is only harming the sport of RL.

I can't believe people think self destruction is the way to go..

The two sides need to come together and build on what has been achieved so far - not have a bitter fight to the death where up to half the people doing the work in America walk away from the game.

It isn't shooting ourselves in the foot - it's shooting ourselves in the head.
I can't see a 'bitter fight', just a bunch of AMNRL affiliates spitting their dummies now that their hypocrisy has apparently been called into question. They are the only ones throwing 'oil on the fire', they are the only ones behaving unprofessionally yet again.

Goddo

Bench
FFS, Camac's arrogance knows no bounds.

The USARL clubs were right to seek representation in the decision making of the game. They were right to expect a fixed home and away season schedule.

What is apparent is that Nui's eccentric autocratic rule has to end. He has been good at getting things started but is hopeless at taking the game forward. Maybe turn the AMNRL into a second division of "development" teams which Nui can head, and leave the "first grade" growth of the game to the clubs.

Billythekid

First Grade
If all they cared about was growing the game then they would have no problem co-operating with others who want the same thing. This isn't about growing the game of RL. This is about a couple of egotistical people who want to be in charge of the game in the US.

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
Just a bit of dialogue which is going on on twitter. Sounds like the RLIF is becoming involved.
The mention of a 'Peter', i would assume is Peter Illfield - chairman of the USARL and coach of the Fight.
Says that the RLIF chairman has a boyhood relationship with Peter.
Looks like things could be turning. Steve mascord did report that the RLIF would be working out the rebel comps in US and Italy. Might actually be happening. And they refer to the RLIF chairman? He's that Kiwi guy? Not Tas Bateiri? Someone else doing some work? I'm shocked!

Mike Camac
What the rlif is doing is illegal! You want a organization full of nobodies involved in internationals? Than they should have never left!

The fact that the rlif chairman is worried about blogs is a joke. How about the body of work of the @amnrl? Your requests are because you

Have a boyhood relationship with Peter and it will expose you and take the international games backwards. All over a guy who has always been

A douchebag everywhere he has been! @amnrl will expose the truth.

@davidniu7 @amnrl can't believe the rlif would even link themselves with such an individual! The rugby league community won't let it happen

@davidniu7 the rlif hasnt helped for years. We make the @RLWC2013 and now they want to make up rules! #sad It is a travesty. #joke

Go back to Australia Peter! Stay there. Leave the game of rugby league alone Thanks for everything! Love, Mike

Vassy
tired of the RLIF giving the AMNRL the run around.All we've done is win and do what we've said we were going to do,no lies,all transparancy.
Time for some people to get told the real story and from people who have been involved with this mickey mouse comp over here...
Instead of encouraging and being happy for Dave Niu and the AMNRL for making the world cup, we get threatened with not being involved....
I'm fed up with this shit and how my mates get treated, I'm about ready to walk away without any regrets,thx for the opportunities Niuy....

David Niu
@mikecamac Tell em Mikey!! :) The truth will set them free!

@mikecamac lets go @AMNRL Wait and see our @USATomahawks excel at the #RLWC2013

@mikecamac Onward and upward! No stopping us!!@mikecamac we'll do what we always do mate. Keep giving the game a chance to develop in America...good people....hard working volunteers
All of this reminds me of a quote - Adversity does not build character, it reveals it. Haven't heard a peep out of these guys except when it benefits them, now, when they are called upon to answer for their actions, they have shown their true selves.

Last edited:
once again im taking no sides, but why does everyone put the AMNRL as a second tier division? A lot of talk from people not even in the united states about the goings on here who really dont know the whole story. Dispite the long winded, big word riddled so called press releases and fancy websites and such from both comps its not all pretty. there are alot of problems on both sides of the fence. Both comps have strong sides and weak sides who last season all did what they could on the pitch. If were talking about representing our country, i wish more of the boys who play here got the chance. i dont believe in that grandfather rule bs. your either American or your not, you shouldnt be able to play for a country that your great great grandmother/father was from. for someone who plays in the AMNRL i do not agree with more than half the stuff that goes on but asking one man to step aside is wrong in my eyes. i think eveyone who has a position of "power"(and i use that term very loosly) should take a look at the situation from both ends and put their egos aside. There is alot to be done to mend what has happend. hopfully we will get a resolution that agrees with everyone.

adamkungl

Immortal
I think everyone just wants to see the top players representing their country regardless of what competition they play in. Personally I don't care if there are 2 comps, if some clubs are happy with one structure or another it doesn't really matter.

billy2

Juniors
once again im taking no sides, but why does everyone put the AMNRL as a second tier division? A lot of talk from people not even in the united states about the goings on here who really dont know the whole story. Dispite the long winded, big word riddled so called press releases and fancy websites and such from both comps its not all pretty. there are alot of problems on both sides of the fence. Both comps have strong sides and weak sides who last season all did what they could on the pitch. If were talking about representing our country, i wish more of the boys who play here got the chance. i dont believe in that grandfather rule bs. your either American or your not, you shouldnt be able to play for a country that your great great grandmother/father was from. for someone who plays in the AMNRL i do not agree with more than half the stuff that goes on but asking one man to step aside is wrong in my eyes. i think eveyone who has a position of "power"(and i use that term very loosly) should take a look at the situation from both ends and put their egos aside. There is alot to be done to mend what has happend. hopfully we will get a resolution that agrees with everyone.
Exactly.
People halfway around the world taking cheap shots from the peanut gallery will not help in any way.
At best it will have zero effect.
At worst it will make a decent compromise and settlement harder to achieve.
All the people who put in long hours and plenty of their own money in the US should be kept in the game, or as many of them as is humanly possible.
No one should be demonised, because each and every one of these people IS doing what they think is best, rightly or wrongly.

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
Exactly.
People halfway around the world taking cheap shots from the peanut gallery will not help in any way.
At best it will have zero effect.
At worst it will make a decent compromise and settlement harder to achieve.
All the people who put in long hours and plenty of their own money in the US should be kept in the game, or as many of them as is humanly possible.
No one should be demonised, because each and every one of these people IS doing what they think is best, rightly or wrongly.
Was Niu doing what he thought was best when he excluded the USARL players from competing for a spot on the Tomahawks?

Evil Homer

Staff member
I think everyone just wants to see the top players representing their country regardless of what competition they play in. Personally I don't care if there are 2 comps, if some clubs are happy with one structure or another it doesn't really matter.
Exactly. As long as they aren't trying to run down or harm any other competitions then I couldn't care less what David Niu and his mates do, like you say it's up to individuals if they want to associate with them. The issue is that these people are completely unsuitable to be running the national team.

billy2

Juniors
Was Niu doing what he thought was best when he excluded the USARL players from competing for a spot on the Tomahawks?
Unless you have knowledge that he is a Union plant trying to destroy the game - then yes.
Niu is the guy who let control of the old USRL go to someone else in 1999 and saw it go broke, and the guy who used his own money to restart the comp under the AMNRL banner in 2000.
I don't agree with all he does, but I fully understand why he doesn't trust others to look after his baby.

look from the teams that play in the AMNRL only 2 had players drawn for the tomahawks so ill never agree with that, but those teams in the USARL up and left and knew what they were giving up. it was their choice. its like having your cake and eating it too. you cant bad mouth the way someone does somthing then ask to be part of it. once again this is case and point both organizations punishing their players none of which had a say in the split. when everyone needs to put their hands in somthing this is what happens. so what theyre voicing their opinion on twitter, big deal. you know damn well its killing the other side not opening their mouths bc theyre gonna take the "high road". its all a show ladies and gentlemen. its pretty rediculous that grown men have to act like this. for everyone who doesnt live in the states ill tell you what really goes on. every once in a while youll get these malicious twitter comments, but you can bet everyday its "what can i do to crap all over you out of the public eye" and for what? we have 5 months till the season. im sure there will be many more threads like this so strap in and enjoy the ride. all the political BS aside, this year may be the year of the shark!!!!

league13

Juniors
Was Niu doing what he thought was best when he excluded the USARL players from competing for a spot on the Tomahawks

I would hardly think excluding the above would be in the best interests of the Tomahawks.

billy2

Juniors
Was Niu doing what he thought was best when he excluded the USARL players from competing for a spot on the Tomahawks

I would hardly think excluding the above would be in the best interests of the Tomahawks.
Trying to demonise him is not helping.

You don't agree with him.

But he isn't Dr Evil - he is a guy who did what he thought would keep the game together - and guess what - he qualified the US for the WC and didn't go broke doing it.

He's a guy who had a stranglehold on the sport in the US who didn't want to give it up. When democracy insisted he did the split ocurred and he used the fact that the AMNRL is still considered the national governing body to exclude players from representing. The RLIF can change that very quickly. And should.