What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's up w/Ricky Stuart's coments??

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
Just saw this on Foxsports.com.au http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,9150752-23209,00.html

Basically the part which had me amused was the whole:

"But we're going to be in a position this week to show we're back and that we just beat the premiers.

"Or they will show they are true champions.

:roll: :blahb: :wacko :wacko

I mean wasn't Ricky whinging when the Bulldogs beat up on the Roosters in rd 1 last year and saying that they were still deserved premiers and nobody could take that away from them?? In fact he hated even having the whole question of whether they were true champions brought up!

And in this case it wasn't as though the Roosters were kicked out before the biggest game of the year - they got HAMMERED and they saw every minute of it!!!

But suddenly he wants to make out that the Panthers may not be deserved champions just because they may lose??

What a deluded sore loser...he used all the ideas that we gave him in 2002 and now he's running on empty today. :-({|=

Rooster Highlight of 2004? Beating the Bulldogs 35-0.

Lowlight? Being knocked out of the semi-finals in the 2nd week and watching the Dogs and Panthers battle out the GF. :D

Pensacola Q.C said:
But suddenly he wants to make out that the Panthers may not be deserved champions just because they may lose??

How on earth you draw that conclusion from the article is anyones guess.

this is what he said

Stuart was quick to praise Penrith's efforts this season, believing their big forwards and slippery halves, Craig Gower and Preston Campbell, would again prove difficult to stop tomorrow night.

As for the Dogs getting into the GF with Penrith , I would support 2000% as would every other league supporter.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
Penelope Pittstop said:
Pensacola Q.C said:

How on earth you draw that conclusion from the article is anyones guess.

this is what he said

Stuart was quick to praise Penrith's efforts this season, believing their big forwards and slippery halves, Craig Gower and Preston Campbell, would again prove difficult to stop tomorrow night.

As for the Dogs getting into the GF with Penrith , I would support 2000% as would every other league supporter.

:iwstupid:

Need I repeat? "Or the Panthers can show that they're true champions"
In other words - if they don't beat the Goosters, then they're not really the true premiers - just lucky run-ins or something.

Sorry - whether the Panthers win or lose today - they ARE the true premiers. Live with it.

fat_mike

Juniors
i can see where stuarts coming he's in no way questioning the panthers victory in last years grand final but saying if the panthers can back it up against the runners up and one the top sides this year then they will prove to everyone they are the champions they were last year. i dont recall ricky saying the panthers werent true premiers.

OOii, find ONE post of mine where I have said that Penrith aren't the Premiers, not worthy bladhyblah.

Ricky Stuart HAS NOT said that if we don't win they are just lucky run in's that's your handle on it. FM, he's never said it and he's not inferring it here. We are talking with a Dogs supporter FM, what do you expect.

Premiers vs Champions, not the same thing if you haven't noticed.

Sorry, whether the Panthers win or lose today, Cantebury still hasn't won a premiership this millenium. Live with it.

In other words my arse. If the Panthers can beat us after last weeks effort against the dogs and we play the same brand of football they are indeed champions.

fat_mike

Juniors
the panthers are still champions no matter whatm, the trophy rests in penrith so they have every right to hold the mantle as the best at the moment.

this game is gonna be an absolute corker and both teams are miles ahead of the competition, both champions just one team has the trophy to rightfully claim their status