What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do the NRL announce schedule for last 6 rounds?

siv

First Grade
Friday 6pm game at the SCG....seriously how much do these people get paid.

Yes major retro football round game played at a absolutly crazy timeslot

Seems to be - pick the biggest crowd drawing games and make sure fans cant go

What a crazy strategy ! Glad they lose control next year

But will the NRL have the balls to fix the schedule

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The last two seasons the fixture's only managed to draw in 17k and 18k, I'm not sure it's one of the "biggest crowd drawing games".

And haven't the games at Allianz so far for Fri 6pm been surprisingly good due to the CBD proximity?

T.S Quint

Coach
SCG is a shit ground to watch footy at anyway. Definitely rather watch that one on TV.

Who gives a shit if it's nostalgic! Might as well play games at Birchgrove Oval as well then. We built better stadiums for rugby league to improve the experience for fans. Playing games there is just going backwards.

OldPanther

Coach
Yes major retro football round game played at a absolutly crazy timeslot

Seems to be - pick the biggest crowd drawing games and make sure fans cant go

What a crazy strategy ! Glad they lose control next year

But will the NRL have the balls to fix the schedule

TV is what they care about. They want the short term easy $$$.

Valheru

Coach
Channel 9 have made some bizarre choices for the Sunday TV FTA game. Rounds 21 and 22 stand out, surely those games are swapped around by any competent administrator.

adamkungl

Immortal
Too much of a rush was my point.

We don't all work in the city.

Every game can't be all things to all people.

While 6pm is a garbage timeslot, hosting it at Moore Park is pretty much the best option for Sydney, since the city does have the highest concentration of 9-5 workers.

Lambretta

First Grade
How the hell can you get to the SCG for 6pm on Friday???

If you're working in Vladivostok and leave work at 5.59pm, I can see this being a problem

If however, you work in Sydney's CBD and leave work before 5.20pm then you would be able to get to the SCG by 6pm

The SCG is a 20 minute walk from Central station
Even if you were in Circular Quay you could leave work at 5.15pm, catch a train to Central and walk
If you factor in buses etc, you'll be there in plenty of time

If you sit on your computer whinging on League Unlimited about how unfair it is and don't get off your arse and move, then chances are, you'll miss the game

OldPanther

Coach
If you're working in Vladivostok and leave work at 5.59pm, I can see this being a problem

If however, you work in Sydney's CBD and leave work before 5.20pm then you would be able to get to the SCG by 6pm

The SCG is a 20 minute walk from Central station
Even if you were in Circular Quay you could leave work at 5.15pm, catch a train to Central and walk
If you factor in buses etc, you'll be there in plenty of time

If you sit on your computer whinging on League Unlimited about how unfair it is and don't get off your arse and move, then chances are, you'll miss the game

I need to get a job in Sydney lol. The central coast is too far away haha.