What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When was the last time we had speed in our backline

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Just thinking before when was the last time we had genuine pace in our backs...and was capable of scoring length of the field tries....from memory its quite a while......Morris Bros......Mundine /Blacklock.....wouldnt exactely say Coops was quick and Gasnier for that matter.....would be interesting to hear what others think on here.....

ALSGI

Bench
There's been a few minutes in several games this year where a couple of young lads called Mann and Field have played that could definately go the length of the padock. Mann could have gone 50m a fortnight ago if Duges passed.

Also, remembering Lafai's try from a 20m restart against roosters last year. I think McDonald's a lot quicker just haven't seen him in space. Also Aitken is deceptively fast as he showed against sharks earlier this year from about 60m out.

Nighty's still quick from 15m out, with the wind behind him.

Friz - Image him on a lose ball on the edges or an intercept on our own line - do ya best Gagai !

Ok I'll stop now.

Minh

First Grade
I think our 99 side with Mundine, Blacklock and Ainscough will probably be our quickest team in recent times. When we had Walford and Offiah that was our quickest wing combination in the last 30 years however we've never really been that quick as a team from memory dating back to the mid to late 80's......

mickeylane

Bench
Just thinking before when was the last time we had genuine pace in our backs...and was capable of scoring length of the field tries....from memory its quite a while......Morris Bros......Mundine /Blacklock.....wouldnt exactely say Coops was quick and Gasnier for that matter.....would be interesting to hear what others think on here.....
Gasnier and Cooper were very quick in fact Cooper along w Soward were the fastest players over 50m in the club and that included B Morris ..
2010 backline was quick I think slightly quicker than 1999 team

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I think our 99 side with Mundine, Blacklock and Ainscough will probably be our quickest team in recent times. When we had Walford and Offiah that was our quickest wing combination in the last 30 years however we've never really been that quick as a team from memory dating back to the mid to late 80's......
Yeah your like me Minh really have to go back a way to come up with a genuine quick backline......